A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-apos-old-feud-083739498.html

Canā€™t wait until he launches a war against Arbor Day to try to take some of that heat of him

5 Likes
5 Likes

Hm. The F and T keys arenā€™t far apart if you have fat thumbs and a fat brain.

3 Likes

And I want a pony.

What makes them think that theyā€™ll get a better deal if they go back to negotiate another one?

2 Likes

Hey man, I work at CUNY, I feel that pain

5 Likes

Say it with me folksā€¦ but Ivankaā€™s emails.

Hahahaha this going to lead to some fun Thanksgiving dinner talks with conservative relatives

8 Likes

hypocrisymeter

8 Likes

If history offers a lesson, it may be that social despair translates into political anger. Support for Donald Trump is highest in those areas of the United States where opioid use and suicide are also high. The despair has metastasized, according to Hedges, and the outlook is grim: ā€œCrime will become endemic, and in a nation where nearly anyone can get a gun, death rates from violence will rise. Riots, if the unraveling is not halted, will sporadically erupt across the country like wildfires. Random and mass shootings will grow more common. Hate groups will proliferate like lice.ā€

Hedges studied theology at Harvard Divinity School and is an ordained Presbyterian minister. He is steeped in Calvinism, which views humanity as depraved. As a foreign correspondent who witnessed the depravities of war, Hedges is seeing the unraveling of the American state much as he has seen other states unravel.

But despair is not inevitable or acceptable. For him, resistance is the only moral act remaining, and may offer a kind of redemption: ā€œResistance entails suffering. It requires self-sacrifice. It accepts that we may be destroyed. It is not rational. It is not about the pursuit of happiness. It is about the pursuit of freedom.ā€

7 Likes

Thread:

4 Likes

A lot of Thanksgiving dinners are going to sound like a Groot family feud this yearā€¦
ā€œBut her emails.ā€
ā€œBut her emails.ā€
ā€œAh, but her emails!ā€

11 Likes

Letting people vote on it is ā€¦ interesting but strangely Don Jr isnā€™t one of the options.

Peas and Carrots! Peas and Carrots! Peas and Carrots!

3 Likes
4 Likes

Anyone do a good Photoshop of tRump as Smokey the Bear with a rake?

5 Likes

Sounds about right

12 Likes

I was trying to find all the faults in this statement, but it turned out it was easier to find all the truth in it. Hint, thereā€™s not a lot to find. Also, exclamation points! Does nobody check stuff like this for style? My head hurts.

5 Likes

ā€˜And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.ā€™ ā€“ in Maskerade

5 Likes

A) He literally says their oil supply is a reason to not even try to investigate. Thatā€™s an unheard of level of honesty in government corruption, so I guess there is that.

B) Who the fuck does he think planned 9/11? Does Trump think it was an inside job?

6 Likes

But they wonā€™t miss Christmas!

Oh, by the way, guess when the first migrants are expected to reach the border? Right around the time the troops are leaving.

What a fucking fantastic use of taxpayer dollars.

ETA: Looks like this is already being covered elsewhere:

6 Likes

B) Yes, I think he probably does. Keep in mind, this is a moron who has never met a conspiracy theory he didnā€™t just love.

The Roe v. Wade challenges are ready to go.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mississippi-abortion/judge-strikes-down-mississippi-ban-on-abortions-after-15-weeks-idUSKCN1NP2PG

Abortion rights advocates have warned that the Roe precedent could be vulnerable following the October confirmation of Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who is widely seen as an abortion foe.

Other states have sought to install severe restrictions in the hope of provoking a legal fight at the nationā€™s top court. The Republican-controlled Ohio House of Representatives last week approved a measure that would ban abortions at six weeks, while Iowaā€™s law banning abortions after a fetal heartbeat is detected is tied up in a court battle.

7 Likes