A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

They will not take military action against us. But they are going to drive up the price of avocado toast.

Then the millenials will vote en masse, and the blue wave will finally happen.

3 Likes

Do you really think that’s all that Mexico contributes to our interstate commerce?

Produce is their 9th major global export, actually:

Even if it’s unlikely to get into a shooting war with Mexico, our economic connections to the country could take a real hit over this kind of thing, especially with a more left leaning incoming president, eager to stand up to Trump.

7 Likes

Mexico also is the one assembling all of our computers as China has gotten more expensive. Not mobile market, but desktops and servers for sure.

5 Likes

No. I was being facetious. Obvs. needed the /s tag.

1 Like

OH! My bad! Yes, sometimes the /s tag is helpful…

1 Like

The US Border Patrol routinely fires across the border to murder Mexican children. This is comparatively minor.

6 Likes
5 Likes

And nobody challenged this weak kneed spineless man for SML? JHC.

Not a fucking dime Chucky.

5 Likes

He should just say nothing. Senate dems can’t do fuck about anything, so why bother making the statement at all? That or simply say no.

2 Likes

Trump just blocked Haskel from briefing the senate on the murder in Turkey just before a vote on possible sanctions. JHC

This shit stinks.

Edit: senate not congress

6 Likes

And cars, and appliances. A lot of shit we use is manufactured in Mexico these days.

2 Likes

False. Many things in the Senate still require a 60% threshold to pass and D’s can be all up in blocking that shit. This 60% includes budget bills. R’s need to compromise to get the next budget bill passed so D’s have a lot more power here than you give them credit for. But yeah, fuck that border wall funding nonsense.

That said I’m sure Trump will happily take the gamble on shutting down the government again (and it’s unlikely to backfire this time since we aren’t in an election season).

3 Likes

'murica is great again.

4 Likes

Senator Susan Collins (R-Me.) is reportedly set on voting “yes” on the judicial appointment of Thomas Farr, a nominee for U.S. District Judge for the Eastern District of North Carolina. Farr, President Donald Trump’s nominee, has a history of holding dangerous and discriminatory far-right conservative views — his notorious 1990 voter suppression scheme which targeted 100,000 black voters being but one example.

6 Likes

Good overview of the dire straits Trump is in right now.

8 Likes
6 Likes

I’m not saying I know which one of them was on which side of the argument, but I’ll put $20 down on my guess.

9 Likes

I’m curious if they were on opposite sides of the gun rights debate before the shooting, and I’m even more curious if they still are.

4 Likes

Shocker: the one shooting wasn’t part of the argument.

The 21 year old argued about it with his unnamed brother. His dad goes and gets a shotgun and ends up shooting him because the 21 y.o. was supposedly throwing shit at him and his finger was on the trigger and accidentally pulled it. Not shocking, the dad that blasted his son with a shotgun got arrested, and I bet your guess was probably right about which side of the argument the one shot with a shotgun was on.

2 Likes

Clock is right… something, something…

Q: Did General Motors repay its TARP loan from the Treasury with other TARP money?

A: Yes. GM repaid the loan portion of the automaker bailout ahead of schedule, with interest. It used TARP money it had already received but hadn’t spent. And taxpayers are still stuck with GM stock that isn’t worth what was paid for it.

Through the Troubled Asset Relief Program, the Treasury gave GM $49.5 billion, most of which was converted into an ownership stake in the form of stock. Through this equity stake, the government still owns 61 percent of GM. -[FactCheck.org]

As for Treasury’s equity stake, worth $40 billion-plus, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office has said the Treasury won’t fully recoup that money. The total automaker bailout, including TARP money given to Chrysler, CBO estimates, will cost taxpayers about $34 billion.

Too big to fail. Well, who’s failing now?

4 Likes