A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

9 Likes

Maybe @maureenherman has some free time on her hands.

7 Likes

“America First” Reeducation Zones.

9 Likes

Indeed! It needs to be very hardcore and full of screaming/screeching, droning guitars, feedback, driving drums… lots of filth in the lyrics, only songs about Trump allowed!

10 Likes

“The US has been downgraded from a ‘full democracy’ to a ‘flawed democracy’ because of a further erosion of trust in government and elected officials there.”

18 Likes

Once DeVos guts and shutters the public school system he will have all those empty buildings to put to use.

9 Likes

Of course the Vagina Screechers would be the opening act :laughing:

8 Likes

I think such a revival will need a masculine parallel of equally unfettered rage simply to head off the inevitable blowback of misogyny from the underbelly of the male population.

Someone with a Twitter account notify Josh Homme to gather his men. CC Kathleen Hanna.

Holy shit, what I would give to see those two form a band.

5 Likes

It has somehow never occurred to me that @maureenherman is Maureen Herman from Babes In Toyland :confounded:

4 Likes

MAGA Zones

5 Likes

Male riot grrls need to be a thing.

8 Likes
10 Likes

That’s so badly written I’ll keep it!

4 Likes

On the general subject of the 1st Amendment:

Thomas Hardiman

He has advanced conservative interpretations, particularly in “law and order” cases touching on issues such as sentencing guidelines, the death penalty, the right to film police and second amendment issues. In one case, Hardiman questioned whether the first amendment protected people who videotaped police during a traffic stop.

11 Likes

I love them!

2 Likes

I like a good pun. I absolutely love a bad pun :wink:

Even better when it isn’t even intentional

5 Likes

I’d listen to it, that’s for sure. The riot grrrl genre is long overdue for a revival.

Here’s my attempt at a song in a Le Tigre-inspired “hard punk with call and response” style (and yes I fully acknowledge I’m doing the genre a great disservice here):

8 Likes

I especially like the “America is fucked / tear it up”. Simple, but clever (and possibly unintentional) wordplay.

2 Likes

This needs to be a thread and if you don’t create it in the next 24 hours, I will.

2 Likes
10 Likes