A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

8 Likes

Look at those adults running our country! Donā€™t you feel so confident in their ability to solve our collective problems! /s

arya-cat-canals-wow

8 Likes

I look forward to one day watching Ammit eat their shriveled souls.

6 Likes

images%20(54)

7 Likes

That really doesnā€™t even begin to cover itā€¦ :frowning:

4 Likes

Not sure what was worse, Trump being himself or Pelosi saying this should not be done in front of the media all the time. Meh.

1 Like

Yep. Because every government shutdown where Republicans have used their agency and control over congress to force the shutdown, they blame Democrats for. And right wingers eat it up.

Nevermind they do not have to shut down the government. They choose to.

1 Like

once you have paid him the Trumpgeld
You never get rid of the Trump.

Fuck being ā€˜betterā€™. They win by us being ā€˜betterā€™.

5 Likes

Except Il Douche claims he ā€œwill be proud to shut down the government, he will take responsibility and he will win.ā€ Of course, he will later deny saying any such thing, Fake News!!

6 Likes
5 Likes

Itā€™s almost like he learned last year that he could outwait the Democrats.

5 Likes

Really, who knows? A month after the Vox article you linked, Politico published a story saying that Kelly had relented on the full-time in loco parentis role and his relationship with Trump had stabilized.

Woodward leaned hard on the idea that Kelly, Cohn, and Portman were preserving the nation from Trumpā€™s worst impulses, but he seemed completely blind to their flaws. We were none the poorer when Cohn and Portman took their privilege and domestic abuse out of the Oval Office and Iā€™m not going to mourn the loss of Kellyā€™s racism and misogyny.

That said, with Nick Ayers out of the picture, Iā€™m a little afraid of which rocks Trump will turn over next as he races to the bottom.

7 Likes
5 Likes

Blame it on the predictive algorithms.

3 Likes

Honestly, I would have played it pretty straight.

ā€œA lot of people are posting his picture with the word Idiot next to it. I mean, that is how this works. Try doing an image search for ā€˜Best Presidentā€™ā€.

8 Likes

I thought that after the santorum case everyone was aware how this worked. Never underestimate the digital illiteracy of elected officials I guess.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/walkerbragman/status/1072600597071884288?s=21

https://twitter.com/walkerbragman/status/1072604599654207489?s=21

6 Likes

It really was textbook ā€œfailing to breach political norms to prevent the downfall of the republicā€ on a broadcasted stage.

5 Likes

But goddamn did Pelosi and Schumer completely own him over and over again.

From calling out his contradictions (illegal entries are down 92%/illegals are flooding in), to challenging his partyā€™s support for the wall (ā€œif youā€™re so confident it can pass, why donā€™t you do it?ā€), to asking him to define ā€œborder securityā€ in a meaningful way.

Meanwhile all Trump could do is repeat the exact same, ā€œwe need the wallā€ talking points over and over again.

Then there was the coup de grĆ¢ce of making him literally claim full ownership and responsibility for any shutdown effectively absolving blame from the Dems.

TRUMP: So I will take the mantle. [ā€¦] Iā€™m not going to blame you for it. [ā€¦] I will take the mantle of shutting down, and Iā€™m going to shut it down for border security.

You just canā€™t buy sound bites like that.

It was a master class in politics and exposed Trump for the true chump that he is.

The Art of the Deal in action.

9 Likes