A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Like I usually do, I checked Breitbart to see what the spin was.

Selective quoting to spin it like the President pwned Schumer and Pelosi.

But as usual, it’s the Meta-analysis that shows their true feelings on it. They have scrolled it off the front page already. That was quick.

6 Likes

You are far more brave than I am.

6 Likes

Breitbart has a front page too?!

2 Likes

Thank you for regularly taking hits for the team.

You can always tell it’s something bad for the Alt Reich when they don’t spend eons discussing a recent event endlessly.

5 Likes

As an example of the curious times we live in, Limbaugh was portraying today’s meeting between Trump, Pelosi, and Schumer as a huge win for Trump. I don’t really expect anyone here will want to click on the links below, but you can at least get a flavor for the way he was trying to spin what happened.

4 Likes

Rush Limbaugh is still alive, let alone relevant?

Pity.

8 Likes

Meanwhile, on Fox…

2 Likes

Another fuckwit “think tank”.

And they can’t even proofread: “the American Founding”?

7 Likes

Raheem Kassam is apparently an ally of Steve Bannon and a former editor-in-chief at Breitbart London, so we’ve come full circle.

6 Likes

The Claremont Institute is not the only organization on the right to grapple with how to build a populist conservative movement without inviting white nationalists, racists or those who associate with them into the fold.

Bull! Old Right Money is full of white nationalists and racists. The trick is to get them into the fold without attracting attention.

As usual, they have no problems with funding.

5 Likes

Not quite sure where to put this.

1 Like
5 Likes

King said his 7-year-old granddaughter was playing a game on her phone before an election — most likely King’s November 2018 reelection bid — and was shown a picture of the congressman that included some not-so-flattering language.

“I’m not going to say into the record what kind of language was used around that picture of her grandfather,” he said.

Then, holding up his Apple device, King asked Pichai, “How does that show up on a 7-year-old’s iPhone who’s playing a kids game?”

The Google CEO answered the question by saying, “Congressman, iPhone is made by a different company.”

The Democratic staff table erupted in laughter at Pichai’s reply, according to Business Insider’s Joe Perticone, who attended Tuesday’s hearing.

King backtracked and said, “It might have been an Android. It’s just … it was a hand-me-down of some kind.”

Later in the hearing, Rep. Ted Lieu (D-California) told the Iowa congressman that if he wanted “positive search results, do positive things.” King has repeatedly found himself in hot water over his insensitive racial comments.

10 Likes

Then he goes full Nazi:

9 Likes

I can’t think of any game that would do that, unless there’s a Pokemon game that has a “Who’s That A-Hole?” option.*

Maybe it was her diary blog?

* makes note for app ideas.

5 Likes

Probably most of those engineers are liberals, or at least liberal leaning, because that is the trend among educated folks.

If King wants to shift their hiring practices, maybe focus on producing more conservatives who are highly educated programmers. Lemme know how that works out.

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s not totally McCarthyist nonsense right there from Steve King (not surprised in the least). But what scares me more is that the guy demonstrates why non-technical people should be required to get a cursory education on technical concepts such as algorithms. His idea that the search algorithm is only biased against conservatives is nonsensical. It’s more accurate to say that an algorithm or process can be biased on the basis of its core assumptions about what’s ir/relevant to the process. An example of that can be found in some games where there’s often only audible cues for which a player must hear to counter whatever action that’s about to occur. This is impossible for some who are totally or partially deaf. Equally, having visual only cues means blind players can’t really play your game which is obviously almost all games but it’s important to note it inasmuch as it shows that the bias wasn’t so much about deaf or blind players but that in either instance it’s a bias based on mischaracterization of relevance to a developer or development team. Meaning that the bias whatever there might be in Google Search isn’t political in nature but rather simply a human flaw (ex. link farms and Google bombing of search results).

3 Likes

Who needs Internet Research Agency when American citizens will do the work.

Wait… he thinks apple and google are the same company?

3 Likes

He must be thinking of Cyberdyne Systems.

3 Likes