A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

How does that saying go?

The United States can always be relied upon to do the right thing ā€” having first exhausted all possible alternatives.

7 Likes

More in thread.

9 Likes

She needs to file civil suits against the guard and the cops who wonā€™t be legally reprimanded.

7 Likes

NYPD and HRA are the bottom of it. Know thyself.

7 Likes

Huge major problems at the NYPD.

One of the replies down that thread ā€¦

3 Likes

Well nowā€¦

12 Likes

Fraudulent election; fathom that.

But I love how they kept repeating the term MoscowTrumpā„¢.

That should be how heā€™s referred to from now on.

10 Likes

itā€™s odd that the author is not primarily a reporter, but someone who writes about ā€œagile managementā€ techniques.

that said, it seems a pretty good break down of things. and, it leads me to wonder if the presidential bid was primarily about trying to get trump moscow built, and thenā€¦ oopsā€¦ he got the nomination.

that would put his family in this place where they have a whole lot of lying to do about their pre-nomination activities, which is exactly what weā€™ve seen.

one other tid bit i heard recently was about how trump was one of the people to start the fear mongering over ebola ( https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/386616-how-ebola-entered-the-american-consciousness-a-trump-tweet )

a russian powered bot factory doubtless boosted those racist tweetsā€¦ so i wonder how far back the collusion between trump and russia goes.

5 Likes

Not odd for Forbes, which seems to have become a blogging platform.

4 Likes

Moscow Trump -Endangered subspecies of genus Moscow Jackass in phylum Useful Idiots. Not related to the Moscow Mule, which is a popular tipple in the Washington beltway and beyond.

How to make a Moscow Trump:

Ask the bartender for a Moscow Mule. Dump it on the floor because you donā€™t drink. Refuse to pay.

When Chris Christie gets back with your food, empty the contents of the Whopper meal and the Blizzard Deluxe into a blender and purƩe until smooth.

Serve in an oversized, ersatz-gold highball glass, garnished with corruption, falsehood, and a ketchup packet.

9 Likes

ā€œHe did it. You deserved it.ā€?

He regrets saying those words which are easy to ridicule and use against him.

But you canā€™t indict a president!

2 Likes

Yeah, I have come across a bunch of gaming articles recently there.

2 Likes

Sure, we can. ā€œWill TPTB indict him?ā€ is the real question.

2 Likes

Missed my /s tag. I actually find the argument that you canā€™t indict a president to be one of the craziest ideas Iā€™ve ever heard. I donā€™t think the UK can indict the queen. But didnā€™t you guys fight a war to get away from that or something?

8 Likes

Right! Isnā€™t the whole point of rule of law mean that no one SHOULD be above the law?

Although in the UK, the monarch is subject to some laws, yeah? I mean, the whole point of the english civil war in the 17th century was over who had power in the government, the monarch or parliamentā€¦ the power of the monarch has been slowly diminished ever since yeah? Doesnā€™t mean the Queen can be indicted, just that even she isnā€™t entirely above the law.

4 Likes

Same here; itā€™s totally batshit.

3 Likes

I think if the Queen stabbed someone in the back in broad daylight and then refused to abdicate it would put the UK into a ā€œconstituionalā€ crisis. But I think the crisis would be figuring out how to arrest the queen without blowing up their legal system. I donā€™t think thereā€™s any doubt that if it really came down to rule of law vs. rule of monarch that parliament would come out on top.

That said, upon becoming monarch your soul fuses with the crown to form a mysterious holy-trinity-esque separate-but-the-same dual being. The monarch is the law. In America, when you get dragged into court for a criminal charge the case is filed as ā€œThe people vs. [you].ā€ In Canada (Iā€™m not sure the UK is exactly the same, but itā€™s basically the same) we tend to write ā€œR v. [you]ā€. R being regina or rex as the case may be.

This is what baffles me about the ā€œno indicted a presidentā€ thing. Sure, it doesnā€™t make sense to bring up ā€œR v Queen Elizabethā€ because thatā€™s literally ā€œQueen vs. Queenā€. But ā€œThe people vs. Donald Trumpā€ doesnā€™t have the same problem at all. There may be a mystical fusion of the president with the administrative branch of government, but thereā€™s not mystical fusion of the president with the American people.

6 Likes

Nah. It was an upper-class tax revolt, primarily fought by mercenaries and French royalists.

5 Likes

3 Likes

That looks interestingā€¦ Iā€™ll have to check it outā€¦

3 Likes