A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Not sure if this one has been posted yet:

6 Likes

Over at Breitbart today they are trumpeting the revelation that Chris Steele of the Steele dossier claimed in court that he was hired to provide materials to contest the election results if Trump won.

I find this amusing, because, well. The Steele dossier was not what started the investigation. It is also not the central justification for the FISA court warrant. So even if true, this gets them nothing. Not a thing. But in the comments section they surely are hooting and hollaring like this is going to be what ends the Mueller investigation.

Increasingly, they are living on another planet.

8 Likes

If only.

8 Likes

Didnā€™t they come from another planet?
One that is self-centred and has a doctored spinning?
One that is hollow and not orbiting the sun, but has a hot mess at itā€™s centre?
One where dinosaur-aged creatures are still plenty?
One where they make up their own rules of physics and logic?

I think their behaviour is adapted to such an environment.

It is called US, I heard. Maybe as opposed to THEM.

Sorry, the last one is mean, but I couldnā€™t resist the punchline. Thereā€™s so few things I could punch right nowā€¦

3 Likes

Trump is planning to blame games for school shootingsā€¦ again.

It goes on to say that local agencies should develop ratings systems for violent videogames, which the report claims contributes to a culture of violence, and urges all government communications to omit the names of specific mass shooters.

3 Likes

Iā€™m talking about national mythology, not reality!

(That is, for me this is about cognitive dissonance. People have an idea of what their country is that sits atop what their country really is. I guess I assume that one way to attack the dark things about what the country really is would be to point out where that reality fails to meet their ideals. America is an oligarchy but prides itself on being a democracy. Obviously that pride in being a democracy props up the oligarchy, but it feels like [and I donā€™t really know this is true] it can also be turned on the oligarchy. Sort of like guns in the hands of the royal guard could be turned on the monarch.)

6 Likes

ā€œThe dissolution of President Donald Trumpā€™s charity resolves one element of the attorney generalā€™s civil lawsuit against the foundation, which includes claims that the President and his children violated campaign finance laws and abused its tax-exempt status. The lawsuit will continue in court because it also seeks two other outcomes: $2.8 million in restitution, plus penalties, and a ban on Trump and his three eldest children serving on the board of any other New York nonprofit.ā€

ā€œThe agreement to dissolve, signed by both the foundation and Attorney General Barbara Underwoodā€™s office, also allows the attorney generalā€™s office to review the recipients of the charityā€™s assets.ā€

Slap002

12 Likes
1 Like

Thatā€™s not the way it works asshole.

8 Likes

Tick tock, mofo.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Saying that Roger Stone lies is like pointing out the sky is blue and water is wet, but I suppose itā€™s nice to have it in writing now.

6 Likes
9 Likes

The righties over on Reddit are having a cow over this.

11 Likes

Ah the libertarian: bump stocks saved lives in the Los Vegas massacre, imperial presidents have been the norm, and we need stronger investment in our borders and ban asylum seekers.

2 Likes

Good.

MOO! La vaca! MOO, MOO; La vaca!

A companion to your wonderment,

Sorry for the late response but I felt this article was worth a 2nd reading.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That thread over on Redditā€¦ Theyā€™re all sure Trump is going to try to run for re-election in 2020 and none of them will vote for him now. The whole Mueller thing doesnā€™t even seem to be a factor for them.

2 Likes

For a network that talks alot about the war on Christmas, they sure do know how to take the fun out of the holiday

1 Like