A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Yep, pretty much daring him to pick Steve Doosey for SecDef.

4 Likes

Yikes. That letter is strong stuff. He pretty much calls Trump an unsophisticated fuckwit.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I had to look up who that is to get the joke. Kind of wish I hadnā€™t. Eww.

3 Likes

Jesus.

Jesus.

Iā€™d argue that there are higher goals than being in alignment with Trump. Staying and steering when you can, for example. Why leave the whole thing to people with kleptocrat values?

6 Likes

Sorry. No one should have to go through that.

1 Like

So, I think the administration has run out of the fabled ā€˜adults in the roomā€™ hasnā€™t it? Not that they seemed to make much of a difference, but I guess things could get worse.

2 Likes

Not that Wilbur Ross is exactly an adult by any measurement but age, but the timer is counting down on his tenure as well. Failure to divest himself of bank stocks while SecCom is a no-no. Claims it was an error, but it went through multiple reviews and he personally signed off on the affidavits. Heā€™ll be removed like Zinke and Pruitt.

2 Likes

The man who drafted the Nuremberg Laws was a dedicated career bureaucrat who stayed in the Nazi administration because he thought he might be a moderating influence.

7 Likes

wow! that letter is fucking dynamite.

my reading of the letter doesnā€™t lead me to that conclusion. what makes this letter so powerful is that it makes it clear that while mattis thinks maintaining our alliances and treating our partners in alliances with respect is crucial to our security, and while mattis recognizes that russia and china are, at best, competitor hegemons and absolutely not friends, that all of this is in complete opposition to 45 who would rather shit on our alliances and curry favor with putin. also note that at no point in the letter does he thank 45 or reflect on the privilege or honor it has been to work with him: pieces of boilerplate which appear in letters of resignation with such regularity as to provoke shock at their absence.

8 Likes

While thanking basically everyone else, it can hardly be any more obvious without saying it outright.

4 Likes

Thank you - reading.

10 Likes

Viable lawsuits in 5, 4, 3ā€¦

6 Likes

I sure as hell hope so.

3 Likes

Not to mention parents removing their kids from that school; I sure as hell would.

6 Likes

And what if some of those teachers had been armed?

7 Likes

So not only was he able to mock the folks Pizzagaters and Qanon followers look up to, but he might have found an ACTUAL pedo ring for elites. Wild stuff.

11 Likes

The article makes it seems like thereā€™s room for misinterpreting the requirement for unannounced drills (ā€œsurprise, this is a drill that you didnā€™t know about in advanceā€) versus a drill not identified as a drill, which is what they got. Is this really what lawmakers intended?

3 Likes

And the FBI decided not to pursue it.

Which of course is why this stuff keeps happening.

5 Likes