A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

But, he added, “you’d think a political genius could at least figure out how to deliver on the one thing he repeatedly told his supporters he would absolutely do, and that’s build the wall.” Now, the country is on the verge of a government shutdown because the president couldn’t get his Republican-led Congress to give him the funding.

“Because he knows he’s never going to get any money for his wall, he’s been lying and claiming he’s already building it just by putting up some fencing with existing money,” Meyers said. The host also went after outgoing Republican Speaker Paul Ryan for “scrambling” to find him the funds—“a fitting end to Paul Ryan’s career.”

“Ryan has spent all year loyally serving Trump and ignoring his many abuses of power, even openly admitting he doesn’t pay attention to Trump’s scandals,” he continued. In his farewell address, Ryan decried America’s “broken politics,” but as Meyers put it, he’s the one who “spent two years ignoring Trump’s many scandals and actively praising Trump in truly absurd ways.”

4 Likes

You’ve said it more intelligently than I did. What impressed me was how neatly Mattis encapsulated the naive inadequacy of Trump’s worldview.

It’s difficult to imagine two people less suited for one another than Mattis and Trump. Mattis must have taken an instant dislike to him when they were introduced; my guess is that Mattis only lasted this long because of his devotion to the same higher goals you reference.

4 Likes

Gasp

I think the conservatives are finally starting to realize the sociopath they put in the White House is not their friend :rofl:

7 Likes

Funny how F’n F™ is maintaining the ISIS fear factor even as they question that beige sack of lies.

It would interesting to see their reaction if trump said he was backing off of Hillary. “But, but, she’s still alive! And, and she knows where you live!”

BTW watching that was as painful as watching ‘Dumb and Dumber’.

V1_UY268_CR0%2C0%2C182%2C268_AL

3 Likes
5 Likes
9 Likes

For as much of a raging dickhole as he is, McTurtle seems pragmatic enough to know that this would be a terrible idea. He likely sees the writing on the wall for 2020 and how it’s likely the R majority will be lost in the Senate.

7 Likes

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s (R-Ky.) spokesman says the Senate does not have enough votes to change its rules and pass border-wall funding with a simple majority. "

“The Leader has said for years that the votes are not there in the Conference to use the nuclear option." -TheHill

Whew!

6 Likes

Shit, shit, shit.

6 Likes

Lobectomy should be curative. More worried about age in her case.

6 Likes

That’s my worry too- surgery at 85 is no joke.

6 Likes

Also, he was just following orders, not his fault!

3 Likes

And the FBI decided NOT TO PURSUE IT? WTF?

5 Likes

Even after recouping from her cancer surgery in a hospital bed, she was able to give Trump a rude V sign salute :laughing:

12 Likes

Everything about this is nauseating.

Picard%20Facepalm%2C%20Star%20Trek

5 Likes

6 Likes
8 Likes

his dyslexia is kicking ass at the moment.

1 Like

“The moment I found out Trump could tweet himself was comparable to the moment in ‘Jurassic Park’ when Dr. Grant realized that velociraptors could open doors,” recalled McConney, who was the Trump Organization’s director of social media from 2011 to 2017. “I was like, ‘Oh no.’”

7 Likes
3 Likes