A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Who needs to wait until April before anybody notices? I just got my W-2, so I could file my return today. In a normal year Iā€™d have a refund in-hand by the end of the month.

6 Likes

Iā€™m amazed at myself for not knowing that!

That may actually help the administration if their goal is to issue returns. The fact that the problem will start out smaller and grow over time might give them a chance to realize whatā€™s going on. If they got to April and thought, ā€œtime to issue those returnsā€ theyā€™d be absolutely screwed.

5 Likes

Hopefully the muddle from the shutdown doesnā€™t open a bigger hole for the fraudsters to steal peopleā€™s refunds.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tax-return-scammers-taking-big-hit-170645628.html

5 Likes

Yep the final deadline for filing is April 15th, but taxpayers can file as soon as they receive their W2 formsā€¦ which can be as soon as early January, obvs.

2 Likes

I checked to see if itā€™s different in Canada and it is not. I knew you could file any time, but I didnā€™t realize that if you filed in January youā€™d likely get your return in February.

Iā€™m really risking letting the cat out of the bag on the fact that Iā€™m just pretending to be an adult.

9 Likes

Same here; even though I pay all my own bills, I kinda suck at being ā€˜grown.ā€™

5 Likes

The dirty little secret is everybodyā€™s just making it up as they go.

7 Likes

Given the current state of society and the people in charge, I dunno how ā€˜secretā€™ it is, anymore.

8 Likes

So (beautifully) disrespectful!

In a correction over the weekend, the liberal congresswoman said, ā€œIt was wrong to yell out ā€˜impeach the motherfucker,ā€™ when I actually meant ā€˜imprison the motherfucker.ā€™ Or maybe impeach and imprison. Or maybe impeach, imprison, and then hang the motherfucker as a traitor. Or maybe impeach, flog, and deport the bastard to Russia. Along with his culpable family and all his criminal cabinet members and cronies. In any case, I misspoke.ā€

17 Likes

Oh, damn; I think I love her.

11 Likes

12 Likes

How are we going to pay for it?

1 Like

ā€œHumanitarian Crisisā€? So heā€™s going to pretend that he cares at all about people trying to cross the border?

Guess itā€™s time to dust off my sick bucket.

8 Likes

Pretty sure that is satire. It is not clearly labeled though.

3 Likes

Did not know that bigotry can be used as an lube

3 Likes

giphy

9 Likes

Well of course notā€¦ heā€™s talking about the humanitarian crisis CAUSED by themā€¦ /s

8 Likes

It is, and it is clearly labeled if you click through.

Itā€™s Onion worthy, fer sure.

1 Like

I admit I had my doubts when she said it. But I also have to admit that thatā€™s a glorious doubling down, probably the best thing she could have done given the situation, and I have to respect that.

1 Like

Ahhh, I viewed it first on mobile, and didnā€™t see the ā€œTruth in Satireā€ at the top. Less noticable for some reason than on desktop.

2 Likes