A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

The reality tv show administration nightmare continues

Spoilers: the article is about the two minutes they had to talk to the Mooch where he openly compared the White House to the Big Brother show.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Oh, FFS. Grow a spine.

Ask yourselves what Gingrich, Hastert or Boehner would do, then effing do it. Censure Steve King and keep right on censuring hate-mongering conservatives until you reach the oval office, and then censure the ever-loving crap out of the petulant, dog-whistling whataboutist that’s usurped the resolute desk.

10 Likes

I never said it wasn’t a crime, I said kiss my orange ass! (we’re approaching the end of the narcissist’s prayer)

I’m not that sure. I’m very pro open data in theory but in practice I’m worried it ends up reinforcing neo-liberalism and discrimination.

Yeah, this is the worst. They wonder why people are looking at AOC as the future.

7 Likes

For real, though. I guess that they’re worried that a similar argument can be used to silence people who aren’t racists, but at some point you got a draw a line on what is and isn’t acceptable political rhetoric for a sitting congressperson.

7 Likes

Yes, it was delightfully profane in case you’re wondering

4 Likes

I actually think they are worried that it will be used to silence their own members who are racists, homophobes, misogynists, etc. Maybe they think that it will be twisted around and used to go after women who complained about men regarding metoo, or black people who complained about white racism. But I think they are living in a glass house, which is depressing.

If I thought they knew what they were doing, I’d think this entire discussion was staged as a way to promote Cardi B’s rant without actually linking to it (I think I can type “Cardi B shut down” into google myself, just like I did with snoop dogg). But I have no idea whether they think they were promoting it there or not.

3 Likes

Good point, probably so.

Maybe…

No doubt!

1 Like

I guess they probably feel really burned over Franken. I think it was right that Franken left, but I also think the democratic party probably felt that loss pretty hard.

And at the same time the groper in chief gets to appoint Kavanaugh to the supreme court. If the rules were going to be the same for both parties and there was war of attrition, the democrats would surely come out better than the republicans. But they know that it will always be them cleaning house while the republicans don’t. Ultimately they should still clean house, but I imagine the leadership does a lot of short-term thinking about seat counts and optics, and not long-term thinking about justice.

7 Likes

I agree with that analysis… but I hope they realize that is was the short term thinking that got us in this quagmire that we’re in.

5 Likes

Trump has never, in any way, conveyed an interest in promoting recovery in Puerto Rico. What we learned Thursday is that he’s actually done the opposite — he demonstrated a personal desire, grounded in ignorance or racism or both, in making sure that help did not arrive on the island. That’s a catastrophe for the people directly affected, who are US citizens, but also an incredibly scary precedent for the rest of us.

6 Likes

“You know that secret trip you were going on? Yeah, well now everybody else does too!! FU Nancy!!”

6 Likes

CNN’s take, of course… “It’s actually equally Nancy’s fault and she’s acting like a little baby with a Nintendo Switch!”
https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/17/politics/donald-trump-nancy-pelosi-shutdown-state-of-the-union/index.html

3 Likes

Bleahh.:face_vomiting:

I wish they’d stop pandering to his vanity.

5 Likes

How many millions of dollars did he just flush down the toilet?

“Meanwhile, Secretary of Treasury Steve Mnuchin and other Trump administration such as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo are supposed to travel to the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland this week.”

5 Likes

I’m sure a woman claiming to have proof of Trump colluding with Russian officials being told by Russian diplomats that she would be granted safe passage to Belarus, only to be detained on prostitution charges (of all things) when her plane landed in Moscow, is Completely Fine and Very Normal, and also obviously proof that nothing at all ever happened.

6 Likes

Manafort’s oligarch buddy Deripaska sued her last year for posting info about him without consent. There was a monetary judgement and I could swear that I read somewhere that she handed over any recordings back to Deripaska but, I can’t find the reference anymore.

In any case she’s going to disappear from view. Perhaps a Google Maps search a few years from now over Siberia might turn up something.

2 Likes

It would be hilarious if Buzzfeed are the ones to take down Trump :rofl:

9 Likes

That trip has also been cancelled, as of this morning.

5 Likes

Pillow talk?

3 Likes