A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Let’s see, burning books about an oppressed minority. That rings a bell form somewhere… Hmmm, wonder where that could be?

11 Likes

Vichydems preparing to sell out:

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/426623-top-dem-we-would-support-57b-for-a-smart-wall

Reminder:

6 Likes

They are returning to the failed Boeing wall concept.

2 Likes

A Wall of Pure Pork

4 Likes

Trump blinks

6 Likes
3 Likes

Something from 2017 of current relevance:

5 Likes

I am 100% okay with this. They’re saying “we’ve always been for strong security, and we’ll take your money… for retraining ICE, installing the exact security features the DHS recommends, and things that actually work… but not a physical wall or barrier of any kind whatsoever.” They’re making Donald reject the actual recommendations of his own security agencies in favor of an idiotic wall. If this is played right it’s a smart way to make Trump look even stupider.

3 Likes

If you give Trump billions for the border, it will be spent to expand and up-gun the Border Patrol.

The Border Patrol is already a rogue paramilitary agency packed with murderous bigots. If Trump persists, they are his SS.

7 Likes

That’s not what’s being proposed, but it’s always possible he’ll find a way to break the law; it’s kind of his hobby.

5 Likes

i had not thought that it was possible for me to be more frightened and more upset by the present administration but i am now about a fourth of the way through the book “the fifth risk” by michael lewis and i am now twice as upset and three times as frightened as i was before.

i also didn’t know i could feel sorry for chris christie before i read the opening chapter of the book.

7 Likes

Civil penalties for polluters under the Trump administration plummeted during the past fiscal year to the lowest average level since 1994, according to a new analysis of Environmental Protection Agency data.

In the two decades before President Trump took office, EPA civil fines averaged more than $500 million a year, when adjusted for inflation. Last year’s $72 million in fines was 85 percent below that amount, according to the agency’s Enforcement and Compliance History Online database.

head:desk

6 Likes

Working as intended.

3 Likes

Trump Tower in Chicago has been dumping waste into the Chicago river for years:

New lawsuit about it filed just last year when they did not even bother to renew a permit for some of it.

Sad thing is, that stretch of river is one of the cleaner stretches. Super common for kayakers, boat partiers. And of course a lot of local fishermen are die hard Trumpers. Nary a peep from them about it.

7 Likes

So you’re saying one risk equals one quarter of an upset and half a frightened, then?

5 Likes

Translation: Trump doesn’t know what’s going on in Venezuela, may not know what a “venezwaila” is. (Just headline is about trump, he’s not mentioned much in the story)

8 Likes

I heard this morning that Maduro gave American diplomats (yesterday?) 24 hours to get out of the country, and Trump (or someone in his admin) is saying he’s going to ignore the edict.

Please, no one give Trump an excuse to distract from far more important issues, such as Trump’s criminality.

7 Likes

If the diplomats are smart and care about their own lives, they’ll ignore whatever 45 says and get the fuck ‘out of Dodge.’

And now, this:

9 Likes

Maduro gave them 72 hours, not 24.

1 Like

As eager as I am to see Trump step from the tumbrel cart and lie down beneath the blade of the guillotine, I’m starting to think that Wilbur Ross may need the honor of being first in line.

Christ, what an asshole.

12 Likes