A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

10 Likes

My bad then, I heard 24. (On “yesterday’s Twitter” this morning.)

1 Like

If the republicans in the senate hate his plan you know the democrats in the house are sure to loathe it also :rofl:

5 Likes

Wow, Mitch didn’t even bother getting his own caucus on board for it. I can’t find a source for which Republicans turned it down. Libertarians unhappy with the spending? Border-state senators who said it didn’t do enough for security?

1 Like

Larry Kudlow is apparently unhappy with all the attention Wilbur Ross has been getting…

10 Likes

Christ what a load a shit.

10 Likes

The measure failed on a 50-to-47 vote, with Sens. Mike Lee (R-Utah) and Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) crossing party lines to vote against the measure and Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.) joining most Republicans in voting yes.

4 Likes
11 Likes
4 Likes

Objectively the scale doesn’t compare to some others (and maybe I have a little sympathy-for-white-women bias), but this sad story about the state of America is really making me sad.

3 Likes

“According to options being considered, the administration could pull: $681 million from Treasury forfeiture funds, $3.6 billion in military construction, $3 billion in Pentagon civil works funds, and $200 million in Department of Homeland Security funds, the official said.”

Fuck this.

4 Likes

Lawsuit city, baby; that wall ain’t nevah gettin’ built.

4 Likes

Do you want a military coup? Because this is how you get a military coup…

ETA is it bad of me to think that may be a preferable option at this point?

4 Likes

Military base schools in disrepair, sub standard base housing falling apart, climate change threatening 1/2 of all military installations around the world and other key ongoing construction efforts be damned. Stealing from the military is not going to go over well IMHO.

3 Likes

Schumer off on his own? No telling what he was prepared to give away.

Edit: Back story…

Caution: The Wa Examiner story was most likely released to show GOP constituents that their reps are actually doing something to address concern which they are not.

8 Likes

The best people.

9 Likes

Go Team Elijah!

7 Likes
7 Likes
6 Likes

Interesting, though, who they are casting as the antagonist in the story.

Christ who was born of a virgin to die on the cross for our sins what an asshole

8 Likes