A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Comments less nerfed on that thread.

Still just as amusing.

2 Likes

Released now:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/world/europe/russian-documents-leaked-ddosecrets.html

5 Likes

mcconnell is going to back 45 until it jeopardizes his own seat and then all bets are off.

4 Likes

The biggest challenge to the house Intel committee is that the republicans are refusing to name any members. If the committee is not “fully constituted” it cannot function. There are a few other committees being similarly hamstrung. My question is, how long can that go on? Can they really shut down these committees by simply not putting anyone on them? And if so, WTF?

ETA: credit Rachel Maddow.

8 Likes

Fyi, the other committees missing republicans are: select committee on climate crisis, ethics, and house administration. I guess that tells us which ones the right wants to keep from doing any work.

6 Likes

That’s as dirty as it is brilliant. Are these rules Constitutionally mandated? If not, what’s stopping the House from just changing the rules?

9 Likes

Could it be that is why house administration is also on the list? I dont know anything about the inner workings of this shit. But damn, that is a very effective way to emasculate an election victory.

3 Likes

Yet somehow Democrats are the obstructionists?

9 Likes

The psychological projection is strong with the GOP…

8 Likes

Ah, that would go to the House Ethics committee, I think. Oops.

4 Likes
17 Likes

Witch hunt!

7 Likes
6 Likes

Power fantasy, misogyny, racism, take your pick.

11 Likes
7 Likes

“Truth to tell, the great sin of the Trump Organization over the past three decades has not been the consistent perpetration of bad architecture. Many of the companies’ projects are fine, or at least do no harm. The problem is one of attitude. Just as philosopher Harry Frankfurt distinguished bullshitting from lying by pointing out that the former is simply indifferent to the truth, the problem is that all the Trump company’s buildings, good or bad, just don’t care one way or the other.” -ArtForum

8 Likes
7 Likes

This seems to have slid under the radar.

tl;dr: no punchy, no problem

8 Likes

i’m not sure if this is where this needs to go. is there a thread devoted to police malpractice and misconduct?

7 Likes

oh and then there’s this–

isn’t it wonderful that moderate, sweet, kind george bush 41 filled thurgood marshall’s seat on the supreme court with that eccentric clarence thomas? you can tell from the tone of these republicans that 45 is just an aberration, right?

12 Likes