A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Kim said he was prepared in principle to denuclearize, and Trump said an agreement was “ready to sign.” But Trump said the main impediment to a deal was Kim’s requirement that the United States lift all economic sanctions on North Korea in exchange for the closure of only one nuclear facility, which still would have left Pyongyang with a large arsenal of missiles and warheads.

A suprisingly up-front play for NK, when you consider how they usually do things.

I was expecting more along the lines of, “We’ll de-nuclearize completely, but you have to lift sanctions and give us 300 tons of food to feed our army”. Then, later, we start learning bit by bit that their de-nuclearization was a fraud.

4 Likes

As if we didn’t already know that. Intelligence services have been publicly saying since the original meeting that they are ramping up their arsenal and production and Trump would hand wave it away every time when asked about.

6 Likes

And as self-appointed leaders of the Whypeepo Tribe…

6 Likes

Agreed. Whenever one of Trump’s projects reaches a dead end, I breathe a sigh of relief.

Maybe Trump did? He’s unsophisticated enough to believe that other world leaders see multilateral geopolitics through the same transactional zero-sum lenses that he uses, but surely no-one else thought these talks were going anywhere.

5 Likes

…since CPAC was in town a year ago.

The schedule also listed Project Veritas founder James O’Keefe

7 Likes

And then there is the timeline where Fox News grills Republicans for being stupid…

7 Likes

As a Washington Post commenter so eloquently put it:

"Any day where Trump gets nothing at all done is one of the best days in his presidency.

Rejoice. This is as good as it gets"

10 Likes

10 Likes

Regularly teamed up with the Million Dollar man, I bet!

ted-debiase

9 Likes

Just imagine if Obama would have had such a caricature of a bodyguard.

I refrain from looking for a gif, since I would either feel like a racist idiot or I would use a really likable person’s picture. However, I can just imagine a “conservatives” reaction…

2 Likes

He sure looks and sounds exactly like a Matthew Calamari.

4 Likes

I’d have expected him to say something like, “youse guys wanna get some grappa?”

4 Likes

Calamari? Seriously? How can any human be surnamed “squid appetizer?” On the other hand, the fact that he bears such a surname might explain why he appears to looking for an excuse to thump somebody. “Who you callin` Squidboy?”

3 Likes

I’ve never watched a single nanosecond of any version of the Apprentice, and I’m sure as hell not about about to start now.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Meanwhile, in Sheriff Gump Deputy Dawg GOP Rep. Clay Higgins news…

Whatever their fevered minds accuse Democrats of doing, there’s a solid chance Republicans are up to their noses in it.

7 Likes
6 Likes

Was that not one of those weird Golden Age superheroes?

Young Matt Calamari lives with his widowed mother by the sea, taunted and teased because he cannot swim - but when a school of tuna are in danger or a whale is threatened, he raises the Trident of Neptune and becomes SQUIDBOY!

1 Like

If it’s a squid-like appetizer, it probably wasn’t the hero.

6 Likes

Alternatively, if you’re like me, and this is about the level of reality you can engage with at this point in American history (and now slipping, as I’ve reached the end of season 4!)

2 Likes