A round up of Trumpian events πŸ–•πŸŠπŸ€‘

My parents made Alien jokes when my mom was pregnant with me too. I think there’s a substantive difference between making chestburster jokes because your dinner plate wobbles when you put it on your belly and a guy standing up on the floor of the state assembly reducing women to the term β€œhost body” in the context of pregnancy and abortion.

So is mine, but knowing her, I’m not suprised. :grin:

β€œHost body?” Not even β€œHuman host?” Does the XX state render one not a functioning human? Holy shit, this is infuriating.

Meanwhile, Pelosi, who is notably not on the list of supporters, continues to play dumb:

β€œDon’t tear down the ACA” as an argument for avoiding the obvious, simple solution to our country’s still-ballooning health care costs is the most egocentric bullshit imaginable. Sure, the ACA is better than what we had pre-2010. But the bar for improvement was so fucking low that passing a 600-page stack of shit-smeared blank paper would have been better too.

What was that fake name he used to call into radio shows?

It would be endlessly amusing if it turned out Trump had personally forged the nominations. Just tack it on to his rap sheet.

Obligs:

NSFW lyrics.

I’m sorry. I’ll see myself out…

A pro-Confederacy group in South Carolina must break up, and if they ever get back together they must pay a black mother and her two children $3 million for posting pictures of the children holding Confederate memorabilia without their mother’s permission, a judge ruled… The Secessionist Party was holding a rally to support the Confederate flag in Charleston in June 2017, and the children were at a picnic nearby with their family when they and other children were attracted to a firetruck, according to the lawsuit.
A member of the Secessionist Party came up to the 7-year-old and the 8-year-old, gave them a small Confederate flag and told them to hold it low and against their body so their mother couldn’t see it, then took their pictures, the lawsuit said.

I know for a fact that they do have the money. People IK working for the Rand Corporation are writing papers on how to spend it right now.

That letter is bullshit.

Assholes will asshole. In this instance, there were actual consequences. I like this.

Hey look. He’s blaming everybody except himself for his fuckups

In other news, Trump sucks. Shocking, I know, but there it is.

I’m going to burn mine.

Well look who got their cooties all over it. It’s the only way to be sure.

Such a blatantly cynical act of political theater. He treats his acolytes like children. Unfortunately, in terms of their political beliefs, and emotions, that’s just about the right level for them.

What’s the protocol after someone has humped the flag? Respectful burning?