A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Establishment Dems are smart enough to realize that an impeachment fight at this juncture is a losing battle that will only hurt them in the end. Impeachment has and always will be a pipe dream. Right now the only play is to oust Trump in 2020, and hopefully regain control of the Senate and maintain control of the House. That doesnā€™t mean that right now House Dems arenā€™t going to do everything in their power to make the Trump regime as miserable as possible and do everything they can to expose Trump and his minions as hucksters and criminals in ways that cannot be easily ignored or hand-waved away.

5 Likes

I guess Iā€™d put it this way: Iā€™d prefer her to stop putting words in the mouths of Democrats in general.

If she wants to voice her perception of specific Democratic leadership, thatā€™s fair, and in some ways accurate. In other ways, wildly inaccurate. Iā€™m sure the DNC agrees with her, but Iā€™d say a whole lot of Democrats and Democratic politicians would love to see an endgame of the Mueller investigation much sooner than 2020.

3 Likes

I would bet that the Republican party would happily impeach him in a second if he got caught getting a blowjob in the oval office.

ā€¦From a dude.

1 Like

Nah, theyā€™d still spin it somehow. ā€œSee, all you LGBTWTFBBQs out there, Trump has your back!ā€

ETA: Now if Trump was the one giving the blowie on the other hand, that may be unforgivable.

2 Likes

Fuckā€¦

7 Likes

On the subject of medical care in Puerto Rico:

4 Likes

I agree removal from office wonā€™t happen. But if the Democratic Party in Congress can look at what Trump is doing and not at least make the Republicans stand up and vote ā€œYes, we are fine with all thisā€, then they are saying ā€œWe are fine with this.ā€

Starting impeachment and failing would at least send a clear message to the electorate that the Democratic Party is the party that does not put up with this kind of stuff. In contrast to the Republicans.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Perhaps this will cool their ardor:

(ETA no, apparently it wonā€™t, The DHS is just their plan B. I assumed (wrongly) that the TIME article predated the second court judgement.)

Wilbur Ross is a horrible, dishonest little man. I hope the door hits him on his way out. , but announcing his retirement with a pair of sharply critical federal court decisions accusing him of acting in bad faith and violating ā€œthe constitutional underpinning of representative democracy,ā€ shows more creativity than most.

5 Likes

Is it creativity if itā€™s factually accurate?

3 Likes

AOC Derangement Syndrome continues apace.

14 Likes

Being ā€œcreativeā€ with facts is practically the only place where the Trump administration excels.

2 Likes

I guess I thought you meant that you were calling the decision creative, not the Trump administration? I haz confusionā€¦

3 Likes

Yeah, that wasnā€™t a great sentence. I think the decisions are right on and Wilbur Ross is fraudulent worm.

Let me see if I can edit that post for more clarity.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re stupid and late; cookie sales for this year already ended, last week.

Next year, no one will remember that they were supposed to be boycotting due to butthurt.

7 Likes

Is it really a boycott if they were not going to buy any anyways?

ETA: Iā€™d also speculate that regular buyers of girl scout cookies who are banging on about a boycott on twitter are still probably buying cookies, figuring nobody will know anyways. A twitter post about boycott is just as good as a boycott for their purposes, only with thin mints thrown in.

3 Likes

Cool! Iā€™m glad itā€™s not my dumbitude thatā€™s at fault, at least not entirely!

4 Likes

assadas
Also, dang, missed my chance to get some Samoas.

12 Likes

Wow, didnā€™t see that one coming! /s

7 Likes

Me too, apparently. Sigh. They usually camp out at the local Fred Meyer, but I mustā€™ve never been there at the right time this year.

4 Likes