A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Ah, I see; much the same way the US has never really dealt with its’ history of slavery and post-slavery racism.

I understand now.

13 Likes

PRE-cisely like that.

6 Likes

Humanity as a species seems to suck way more often than the rare times when we are ‘awesome.’

*sighing and shaking my head again

5 Likes

Was American anti-semitism isolated to post-slavery? I got the impression that it was a constant import from Europe and until WWII nobody thought it was particularly problematic. Or at least overshadowed by all the stuff going on with slavery and native americans.

3 Likes

Doubtful.

Like most people, I simply know my own ‘blues’ better than I know anyone else’s, but in my experience hateful bigots have always been a thorn in humanity’s side.

I was just comparing different forms of mindless hatred; just as Poland never faced up to its ugly past neither has the US.

7 Likes

Yes. Yes I do.

2 Likes

The bunga-bunga parties? I don’t know Italian politics all that well, but that’s partly because my friends from Italy refuse to even discuss it. I think it’s been a shitshow over there for a long time.

Releasing the Mueller report is a vote for crime and open borders? I mean, it all makes sense through a Trump lens - everything is either for him or against him. So if he were to shoot a person on fifth avenue, reporting on that event would be a political position against whatever legislation he’s trying to enact (assuming he was ever interested in legislation).

5 Likes

Nothing to see here, just the president threatening his opponents with military and vigilante force if things get “tough”…

12 Likes

Holy fucking shit, that is absolutely terrifying. What the absolute fuck?!?!?!

5 Likes

Hopefully, it also pisses off some of the top brass.

4 Likes

We know white supremacists have infiltrated the military and police to an alarming degree, but I have a hard time seeing them having the actual balls to mutiny. But that is saying that the brass will have the sense to not follow “implied orders” from Il Douche. This said, I also have a hard time seeing Trump with the balls to actually issue a direct order to the effect of “shoot my enemies.” But should he lose in 2020, that might be put to the test! Yeah, let the nightmares commence.

5 Likes

This is true.

It’s not so much that I have faith in anyone having any common sense, as it is that I wonder about their own hyper-masculine egos:

“This soft-ass draft dodger isn’t actually in control of my men; I am!”

He’s stepping on a lot of toes by implying that the entire military is essentially his “personal army.”

Man, I don’t even know…

6 Likes

Yup, hence my reference to nightmares. That is the big one. “The Man In The High Tower” for realz.

3 Likes

At what point is it the Secret Service’s duty to shoot the prez?

4 Likes

Trump told the tabloid, Britain’s best-selling newspaper, that he would have gone about Brexit in a different way. "I would have done it much differently. I actually told Theresa May how to do it but she didn’t agree, she didn’t listen to me. She wanted to go a different route.

“I would actually say that she probably went the opposite way. And that is fine. She should negotiate the best way she knows how. But it is too bad what is going on.”

See, this is why DJT is SOOOOO amazing. There’s nothing he doesn’t know.

Brexit would have been smooth as a baby’s bottom if Theresa May had just listened to The Master Negotiator. I mean, just look at how well things are going with his tariffs, trade wars, and tax cuts - nothing but winning there. And he’s shown a truly stunning ability to punch through the bipartisan bickering that has the US Congress in its grip. SO many ideas are coming at him from both sides that a lesser man (you know, like Obama) wouldn’t be able to shape them all into coherent legislation. But not Donald J. Trump- he doesn’t even break a sweat or cut into his executive time. Deals, deals, deals everywhere. Did you know that he wrote a whole book about dealmaking? Some people don’t know that, like the fact that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican; a lot of people don’t know that either. smh. Well anyway, he totally did, and it was AWESOME once it was copied over from the crayon original and the spelling was corrected. It’s too bad about Brexit. Maybe next time they’ll listen.And maybe not. Who needs 'em, really? They’re in Europe and that’s even further away than Rhode Island.

10 Likes

Not quite Trumpian, per se… but I dont know where else to put this, until it gets co-opted by the authors:

10 Likes
16 Likes

Trump uttered the remark in an interview with Breitbart News.

I shouldn’t be surprised he had an interview with Breitbart, but really? Breitbart?

7 Likes

I bet that really burned his ass. His wife did not attend the breakfast. She must have fled the residence.

13 Likes

Carbon dioxide is the main building block of all life?!?!

Not carbon… but carbon dioxide.

6 Likes