A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Yeah, how dare she pronounce her name without the ā€œwhite peopleā€ accent? Itā€™s almost like she is not ashamed of being not-white!!

17 Likes

I think the point that Hitchens is making is best deployed against the very things that you are listing. Like, if someone who advocates genocide is offended that I say we shouldnā€™t advocate genocide, Iā€™m inclined to think, ā€œI donā€™t really care how you feel about that.ā€

But whatā€™s annoying about that quotation is that it is taken by some to be a pious position; as if disregarding other peopleā€™s feelings was a good thing in itself. It should be seen as a negative, something you only do if the situation warrants it. The last part ā€œIā€™m not running for anythingā€ is very important. Itā€™s fine (in a personal utility maximization sense) to be a jerk if you donā€™t care if anyone likes you, but you are still a jerk. Most of the people who would publicly echo Hitchensā€™ quotation do desperate care if they are liked and feel entitled to be liked despite being jerks.

I donā€™t really know what I think of Hitchens, but I wouldnā€™t be surprised if he was a genuinely misanthrope who really didnā€™t care what people thought of it, and if he wasnā€™t be hypocritical or deceitful when he said that.

4 Likes

ā€¦and she wonders why sheā€™s having a difficult time getting sponsors backā€¦

5 Likes

http://www.oea.gov/sites/default/files/fy2017-r2/FY2017_Defense_Spending_by_State_Report_Web_Version_20190315.pdf

Because when Congresscritter X starts screaming about trump stealing their money it will easy to track what ails them where and why.

1 Like

Iā€™m never seen any proof other than Hitchens being a misanthrope. Heā€™s basically the one that laid the groundwork for the arguments made by the rising far-right populists in the western world, and he always cared more about being interesting and provocative over accuracy.

6 Likes

What a lazy, whiny asshole. (Iā€™m biting my tongue here.)

America isnā€™t white, and it never has been.

Itā€™s actually good in a way to see these kinds of desperate backlash, because they show that the days of presumptuous white center-staging are numbered.

9 Likes

Why do I have this feeling that the report has already been sanitized?

10 Likes
8 Likes

Trump angry at Zombie McCain for not sending a ā€˜thank youā€™ letter/note

8 Likes

Itā€™s like, thereā€™s this part of me that says, ā€œCome on now, clearly he was saying that those surviving McCain should have thanked him. He didnā€™t say ā€˜John McCain didnā€™t thank meā€™ he said, ā€˜I didnā€™t get a thank you.ā€™ā€

But then I think about Trump for a while. And I wonderā€¦ Does he know what death is?

7 Likes

Wellā€¦ he did make his own fatherā€™s eulogy all about himself.

Considering the subject, itā€™s a valid question.

3 Likes
11 Likes

Do any of us though? Death is such a personal thing, itā€™s different for each of us. I hope Donald gets to experience it for himself really, really soon.

4 Likes

The strange thing about his latest ranting against McCain is that it has been reported that he was reading from a script. Heā€™s playing to an audience of McCain haters somewhere.

eta: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/03/20/donald-trump-john-mccain-dont-like-healthcare-veterans-sot-nr-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/this-week-in-politics/

Politicizing the military. Dividing again.

2 Likes

Maybe she thinks sheā€™s losing sponsors cause sheā€™s not being racist enoughā€¦ ā€œIā€™m racist, and certainly theyā€™d like to cater to my demographicā€¦ so if Iā€™m MORE racist, theyā€™ll come running back!ā€

3 Likes

Itā€™s Trump. If he says the public can see it thatā€™s means the public will never see it.

3 Likes
7 Likes

The Democrats, valiantly fighting on behalf of the American people:

4 Likes

John McCain was a prick and Iā€™d hate to have a Capitol Hill building named after him. Where are all the dems that fought against his policy choices? Are they going to go along with the name change now? Spineless. But, of course it makes sense this is coming from Mr Schumer.

3 Likes

Itā€™s already named for a prick.

6 Likes