A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

What should be concerning for the GOP is that this did not come from his mouth. And that he didnā€™t reach the conclusion of stating ā€œheā€™s completely innocentā€ which says The investigation turned up evidence of some kind of wrong doing.

I suspect the next phase and steps will be subpoenas to testify. And the other investigations being conducted may be more harmful than muellerā€™s report.

Letā€™s remember he was told to investigate a very narrowly scoped issue. And he has done that. But whatever else he turned up through that investigation is not on his plate to comment on or go after 45 on. Thatā€™s someone elseā€™s job.

1 Like

I dunno about you, but after a 22-month deep-dive investigation into the Presidentā€™s wrongdoings, the guy I fully believe to summarize the conclusions is a dude hired by the President specifically to exonerate him, because Trumpā€™s employees are well known for their truth-based objectivity.

Thatā€™s apparently good enough for the GOP and media!

7 Likes

I know just the thing you cheer you guys up after a weekend of Mueller drama/non drama

One of the filmā€™s most explosive moments occurs on the eve of the midterms, as Bannon, pacing about his home in Ugg slippers, is freaking out about the polling resultsā€”cursing off his team members and even banging his head against a wall. You can watch it right here, exclusively at The Daily Beast:

5 Likes

You didnā€™t think it would end with NZ, did you?

7 Likes
3 Likes

We really need to see the report without the Barr filters.

(If it later does turn out to be worse, Trump supporters will only remember this news cycle.)

13 Likes

well, what? six of trumpā€™s beasties have been indicted, and those investigations can and do lead into 45ā€™s finances. thatā€™s not too bad, all in all

weā€™re still likely to hear about some of 45ā€™s election criminality over the next few weeks - and russiaā€™s. it would have been nice if there was a phone call recording with putin asking to hack the election, but that always seemed exceedingly unlikely.

i think itā€™s probably a mistake to think the report is meaningless ( and i think itā€™s probably worse to say itā€™s a fake or a con job like some already are. ) some positive things have come out of it already. and, honestly, i feel like we should wait till congress at least gets it before ( not you, but others ) start throwing conspiracy theories around.

itā€™s not like getting him out of office is going to be easy regardless. and itā€™s not like getting him out of office will fix the republican party and make white supremacists vanish.

these are all steps. one step at a time. ( unless of course, we can get a few hundred thousand people camped on washingtonā€™s streets. then we can skip a few steps. )

7 Likes

Iā€™m not sure if having your report summarized by one of Trumpā€™s toadies to make it sound as good as possible for his boss makes you a ā€œchickenshitā€.

4 Likes

Agreed. I donā€™t want to get my hopes up that we see Barr behind bars for obstruction as well, though.

6 Likes

Iā€™d throw this in Trump the Chump, but I wonder if heā€™s serious?

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/03/trump-wants-media-outlets-fire-critics-mueller-report-lets-off-hook/

4 Likes

He is serious. Vengeful and unrelenting is his legal strategy normally.

3 Likes

team dumpster is on it with those ad-buys tooā€¦

3 Likes

Of course heā€™d throw a pre-emptive volley before anyone has actually read the report.

4 Likes

On the topic of conspiracies with malicious foreign powers in order to subvert a democracy:

6 Likes

Funny silly conversation I had with my partner tonight:

4 Likes

Here we goā€¦

5 Likes

I just saw that and came to see if anyone posted it yet.

Theyā€™re back to trying to kill us.

7 Likes

Leave it to Chuck Schumer to equate criticizing Israel with support for literal fucking Nazis.

7 Likes

Iā€™m interested in the one about misuse of the Trump Foundationā€™s money to benefit Trump and co. personally.

Thatā€™s still quietly rumbling away.

7 Likes

I mean, itā€™s not really a Trumpian event, butā€¦ uhā€¦ in Washington, money does drive support for Israel, and has for decades. In no way is that an anti-semitic sentiment to be equated with Nazi support.

6 Likes