A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

4 Likes

And now, for the falloutā€¦

http://www.morehouse.edu/collegestatements/officeofthepresidentstatementonhbcupresidentsvisittowhitehouse.html

I knew that President Obama had invested $3 billion more in HBCUs in his first six years than President Bush invested in his final six years. Therefore, since President Trump pledged to ā€œdo more for HBCUs than any other president has done before,ā€ we could have reasonably expected him to get started by announcing at least an additional $500 million to HBCUsā€¦this year! And beside the expectation of new funding, there was advance talk of changes[ā€¦]

But, instead of the long-awaited executive order containing or signaling any of those outcomes, the key change is a symbolic shift of the White House HBCU Initiative from the Department of Education to the White House. It is not possible to measure the impact of this gesture anytime soon, if ever.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been going easy on her because I have felt that Melania is along for the ride she didnā€™t sign up for, but seriously? She wore 5 inch heels to read books to children? I guess baby steps - maybe being forced to interact with the hoi poloi they claim to love so much will actually make the Trumps become appreciative of what they have and turn them into useful people.

8 Likes

Maybe there is some self-awareness in Melania. But that still sounds like a most depressing relationship, more transactional than humane.

3 Likes

And, I imagine that if the kids had felt comfortable with her, they would have asked to see the pictures. I made that mistake for about 3 and a half seconds the first time I read my niece a book, and she did not hesitate to tell me that she needed to see the pictures (which, of course, duh). Then again, I wasnā€™t some weird stranger, coming into an already fraught situation, so thereā€™s that.

7 Likes

Who knows?

Melania makes an appearance at New York University. A student asks if her husband werenā€™t rich, would she still be with him. She replies, ā€œIf I werenā€™t beautiful, do you think heā€™d be with me?ā€

7 Likes

Apparently Sean Spicer was a furry.

9 Likes

Gotta give her props for owning it. Fuck yeah Iā€™m gorgeous! Itā€™s my currency. Iā€™m spending it. Sadly, from where Iā€™m at, it looks like a bad buy. But then, those situations often look like a bad deal for the lady to me.

15 Likes

Youā€™d think that, from time to time, the ā€œfamily valuesā€ party would stop for a minute after proposing to do something as fundamentally evil as tearing families apart, and thinkā€¦

18 Likes

Does it come with a Death Blossom load-out?

2 Likes

I have no problem with furries or people that volunteer for childrenā€™s events. Anyone other than this enabler of lies and my response would have been aweā€¦ how sweet.

But fuck Spicer in his dirty bunny ass. The PEETUS can sort of excuse all of his terrible behavior on being a broken human that doesnā€™t know how to empathize for other humans. But Spicer knows how fucked up his boss is and continues to show up for work and try to normalize psychotic executive orders.

4 Likes

FAKE NEWS!  

4 Likes

Iā€™ll own up to being weird, but in our family, everyone is weird. My sister was odd-man-out for a long time because she was a cheerleader and class president, but sheā€™s cool.

OK, and maybe I am stranger than some. Fine, WHATEVER~!

15 Likes

Speaking of which:

2 parts almond milk, 1 part amaretto.

Try it now, thank me later

9 Likes

I actually have both of those ingredientsā€¦but have been drinking since the concert finished earlier, and itā€™s now 12:30am.

Could you remind me of that recipe tomorrow evening, please? Iā€™ll be ready then to test it out. :smile::cocktail:

9 Likes
6 Likes

Former obstetrician turned Congressperson. Is that because none of his patients would let him touch them after they got to know him?

16 Likes

Toward Translating Spoken Trump: when he says ā€œeveryoneā€ that means ā€œalmost no oneā€, and when he says ā€œno oneā€ that means ā€œalmost everyoneā€.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Seditious fringe?

https://www.google.com/search?q=seditious%20fringe#q=seditious+fringe&tbm=nws&*

Band Name! We need to mock up some t-shiirts

4 Likes