A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Is there a modifier for the dystopic banality of evil that’s stronger than Dickensian? Or is that what Randian is for?

18 Likes

Maybe some of them actually believe that shite about how they’re being compassionate to taxpayers, by cutting programs so (supposedly) most people can pay less taxes, thereby “keeping money that is, after all, theirs”?

6 Likes

Trump ignores Merkel’s question for a hand shake ; )

10 Likes

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn the old man has hearing problems.

2 Likes

Right? Sure, they won’t have to stand in front of a government panel, they will be at the tender mercy of whichever fearful medical insurance company employee is desperately trying to make their numbers and keep their job. Much better, right?

7 Likes

I set up newsletters for a couple of small town senior centers, they cheap-o jobs because they don’t have much money. What they do have plenty of though, are home-bound seniors in their towns. They are not visible to anyone outside their communities, but they are out there, and will go hungry if no one comes to their house with food.

It’s completely immoral, to even think about withholding food from hungry people. I can’t even imagine the kind of damage to a person’s soul that is required to find that to be acceptable.

17 Likes

But the kindhearted, generous rich people will help them.

or not

The Post called 450 charities that seemed close to the candidate — nonprofit groups that he had praised on Twitter or that had paid him to rent banquet space. It asked whether each had received a gift from Trump’s own pocket. That search turned up one donation from Trump himself between 2008 and 2015 — a gift of less than $10,000 to the Police Athletic League in New York City.

7 Likes
14 Likes

Well he does sell real estate no? However: “The buyers include politically connected businessmen, such as a former executive in a Moscow-based state-run construction firm that works on military and intelligence facilities, the founder of a St. Petersburg investment bank and the co-founder of a conglomerate with interests in banking, property and electronics.”

And in other properties:

Starting to look like Trump is the unholy gateway for all unfriendly foreign powers to pass through. For a price. Or, just real estate? (Nah! Who are we kidding? Of course he is the unholy gate)

14 Likes
16 Likes

He might very well. He also might have “hearing” problems when it comes to women.

18 Likes

From the article:

Merkel joins a long list of America’s allies, including leaders in Australia, England, and Mexico, who have been embarrassed by Trump.

I think that may be better worded as

Merkel joins a long list of America’s allies, including leaders in Australia, England, and Mexico, who have found Trump embarrassing.

13 Likes

11 Likes

He was probably afraid she would pull HIM over, the way he usually does to others.

(Which I would pay good money to see.)

16 Likes
8 Likes

Odd, since there were NO Christians at that time. They were Jews.

20 Likes

Urge. To develop. Pyrokinesis. Rising.

12 Likes
10 Likes
2 Likes

The Southern Strategy Part Deux

1 Like