A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

I have the poster of that (where Bongo has a Mac instead).

4 Likes

Well, yes. It’s illegal.

5 U.S. Code § 3110 - Employment of relatives

10 Likes
10 Likes
10 Likes

Related:

5 Likes

Clever illustration at the top of the article.

1 Like

Ugh.

For Wear, the party needs to develop a comfort with religious language, open itself to anti-abortion Democrats instead of closing off anyone who disagrees on choice, and better engage with the moral questions around abortion and other issues that touch religious belief. “Reaching out to evangelicals doesn’t mean you have to become pro-life. It just means you have to not be so in love with how pro-choice you are, and so opposed to how pro-life we are,” said Wear, later adding, “It doesn’t help you win elections if you’re openly disdainful toward the driving force in many Americans’ lives.”

Amazing how being anti-abortion has become nearly equated with being Christian in US politics.

And, I think Dems can do well without ceding ground on women’s rights to control their own bodies.

16 Likes

The truly bizarre aspect of the statement is that the GOP elected a non-religious globalist on the back of identity politics, but even so the Democrats are being asked to be religious nationalists who ignore identity politics in the name of “compromise.”

14 Likes

It’s unrelated. The abortion debate is a false debate,* and centered around a false dichotomy. All it does is get Christians to vote Republican, even though the Republicans are not very Christian and banning abortion is only superficially Christian.

*I thought the courts settled this 44 years ago. There shouldn’t be a debate even.

I’d think so too, but ceding ground is what the Dems do best.

15 Likes

Trump to House Republicans: “Many of you will lose your seats” if health care plan doesn’t pass"

What he doesn’t say is that many of them will lose their seats if it does.

19 Likes
11 Likes

Christ this is tiring, and we’re only in month three.

17 Likes

18 Likes

Well doesn’t this headline just dovetail nicely with the Planned Parenthood discussion we’ve been having (on both philosophical and juvenile levels…)

4 Likes

KIEV, Ukraine — A Ukrainian lawmaker released new financial documents Tuesday allegedly showing that a former campaign chairman for President Trump laundered payments from the party of a disgraced ex-leader of Ukraine using offshore accounts in Belize and Kyrgyzstan.

The new documents may revive questions about the ties between the Trump aide, Paul Manafort, and the party of former Ukrainian president Viktor Yanukovych, who has been in hiding in Russia since being overthrown by pro-Western protesters in 2014. He is wanted in Ukraine on corruption charges.

14 Likes

Twitter message with strobing Gif sent to reporter known for being critical of trump causes seizure? And now an animated Gif is a deadly weapon?

4 Likes

[quote=Article]Rivello apparently made significant efforts to keep his Twitter account untraceable. Prosecutors say he was using a Tracfone prepaid SIM card that included no subscriber information and his Twitter account was set up with a dummy email address. When authorities went to Tracfone’s partner, AT&T, with the phone number linked to the Twitter account, however, they were able to find the user’s iPhone model number. Authorities then went to Apple with the information they acquired from AT&T. This is where Rivello’s apparent attempt to conceal his identity failed. Prosecutors say he was using his personal iCloud account on what appeared to be his burner iPhone, an account that included a selfie with his driver’s license (pictured above).[/quote]How anyone defends these trolls or pretend they are doing it “just for the lulz” while using dummy accounts and burner phones to make it as hard to trace as possible is beyond me.

15 Likes

If I give someone a cookie, knowing that the cookie has peanuts in it and knowing that the person is deathly allergic to peanuts, that cookie is a deadly weapon, regardless of whether one would normally classify a cookie this way.

The GIF in question:

• was sent knowing it would cause a seizure
  • was sent with the intention of causing a seizure
  • actually caused a seizure
  • showed, depending on how you read the files on the sender’s computer, at best willful disregard for the life of the reporter, or at worst actual intention to kill.

I have no problem with this being called assault, and, unless it’s vanishingly unlikely that causing a seizure would result in death, I have no problem with the GIF being called a deadly weapon.

29 Likes

We live in strange times.

8 Likes

Well that’s disgusting. I guess he also thinks that men don’t need infant care leave, and that accidental pregnancies aren’t a real thing (just wimmin being drama queens).

7 Likes