A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Which is utter BS, of course. Even among Catholics, there are plenty of pro-choice folks, which explains why Papa Francisco has downplayed the churches position.

The flattening of American politics is what that isā€¦

12 Likes

12 Likes

The Churchā€™s position on abortion has nothing to do with its legality. If your religion doesnā€™t approve of abortion, donā€™t have one.

7 Likes

That my interweb friend is not an uncommon headline for the state of Maryland.

Gorsuch appeared visibly irritated, interrupted the Senator, raised his voice, and spoke to her in a remarkably patronizing manner
11 Likes

Well, This Was the Worldā€™s Easiest Chart to Make | Mother Jones
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/03/well-was-worlds-easiest-chart-make

Probably should use a log scaleā€¦

24 Likes

Many feel that they need to prevent the abortions of other people.
That abortion is morally wrong, no matter what.
And that allowing others to have access to abortion is also morally wrong.

That this came up again and again when talking to Trump supporters is telling.
Religion is important, apparently moreso than we realize.

17 Likes

Thatā€™s not a very good argument. It is possible to not support abortion but think criminalization of abortion does not lower abortion rates and does more harm than good. The abortion issue is a wedge issue, and one that has no reason to exist besides being a wedge issue.

5 Likes

Its not my argument. Iā€™m staunchly pro-choice. You can dismiss the ā€œpro-lifersā€ stance all you want but you do so at the peril of every person who may need an abortion.

12 Likes

Iā€™m glad the Republicans are taking their jobs seriously.

8 Likes

Easy. One horse sized duck, because thereā€™s only one of it.

4 Likes

Yeah, you wouldnā€™t want to be nibbled to death by horses.

4 Likes

Just one expertly placed lucky shot and the duck goes down.

Donā€™t want to mess around with 100 of these guys:

ETA: The duck goes down, not the dick!

3 Likes

Because I am part of a movement fighting the FAA in my part of town this is personal. Yet another reason the shit stain pisses me off. And now his neighbors hate him too.

5 Likes

First, Iā€™d hit it with the square-cube law. If itā€™s only been scaled up without adaptations, itā€™s going down!

8 Likes

Well, except that the pro-life crowd has done more than made it a wedge issue, theyā€™ve made it a real issue for those of us who actually have to do the work of carrying children to term. There are already places in some states where abortion might as well be illegal, because women canā€™t get them. Itā€™s an assault on our civil liberties, it really isnā€™t an intellectual exercise for some of us. [quote=ā€œMissy_Pants, post:1337, topic:93556ā€]
You can dismiss the ā€œpro-lifersā€ stance all you want but you do so at the peril of every person who may need an abortion.
[/quote]

18 Likes

Gird your loinsā€¦ Here comes the Trump Slump:

http://www.investors.com/market-trend/stock-market-today/bears-rip-leaders-send-stock-indexes-down-utilities-up/

5 Likes

So called ā€œPro-lifersā€ have quite a bit of blood on their handsā€¦ Not just women who need abortion services to save their own life/etc, but also women who rely on access to clinics that anti-choicers shut down:

23 Likes
9 Likes

Wait, did that actually happen? I mean I expect that in a Reddit AMA, not somewhere that has stakes as high as this.

4 Likes