A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Now I have to burn my copy of H2G2 too.

10 Likes

You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. I’m all for a little levity during serious proceedings but this just seems so beyond the pale to me that I just don’t even know how to react.

14 Likes

I can almost forgive teenaged nerds who retell old Monty Python bits badly and do not understand that they are failing to entertain anyone. Nerds and teenagers are all about learning social skills through humiliation and failure.

But these are old men, and professional schmoozers, and they talk on TV for a living, and that was the lamest thing I have ever seen in my life.

13 Likes

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/articles/2017-03-21/nixon-counsel-during-watergate-says-trump-administration-showing-how-damn-guilty-they-are

From the article:

[Quote]“I was more stunned by the reaction of the White House and their handling of it, which seemed to me over-the-top,” Dean said of the Trump administration’s response to Monday’s House intelligence committee hearing on the subject.

“In fact they are in a cover-up mode. There’s just never been any question in my mind about that,” Dean said. “I’ve been inside a cover-up. I know how they look and feel. And every signal they’re sending is ‘we’re covering this up.’”

“This White House is not showing their innocence,” he said. “They’re showing how damn guilty they are, is what we’re seeing.”[/quote]

15 Likes

And lo, the Lord wanted an Exxon CEO to serve as Secretary of State, serving the righteous and noble Trump.
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/844371241901457411

7 Likes

Erkkkk! I hate that term. When I hear it, I try to stop the person and say, “Wait, what? Pro- life? Don’t you mean anti- abortion?”

Not gonna change minds, but it usually slows them down for a bit.

16 Likes

I’m sticking with “forced birthers”.

Accurate and to the point.

18 Likes

6 Likes

Awww, it’s so cute when 45 learns a new bit of trivia…

6 Likes

10 Likes

What’s he going to do when he finds out Andrew Jackson was a Democrat?

15 Likes

Reports that Andrew Jackson was a Democrat are fake news made up by a corrupt media. Sad.

11 Likes

I seriously think that 45 will confuse Andrew for Stonewall.

10 Likes

Trump is more Andrew Johnson than Andrew Jackson, but is not nearly as literate as Johnson.

6 Likes

I’m sure he was fed that answer in debate prep.

5 Likes

The last serious RPG groups I was in had a “No Quoting Python, Adams, Pratchett” rule. It was occasionally suspended for frivolous games, but the core quest game was strictly enforced.

I’d think confirmation hearing are practically as important.

10 Likes

How did you manage to communicate at all? :wink:

13 Likes
The Post reports that the Office of Management and Budget rejected the Secret Service’s funding proposal, which means that it will have to take away resources from other areas to pay the additional costs of keeping the First Family safe.
5 Likes

Liked for not adding to SS budget. Unliked for them for taking the $$ from elsewhere.

1 Like

Really not sure what Devin Nunes is up to.

7 Likes