A round up of Trumpian events đŸ–•đŸŠđŸ€Ą

My dad is declining and if you didn’t know him, you’d never know. It’s just knowing how he was in the past and then a lot of things that he doesn’t remember from one time to the next.

10 Likes

Translation: My administration is in trouble. If the GOP and a compliant press decide to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem by bombing existential troublemakers. Me, Me,Me!

5 Likes

Is this a pee pee joke?

9 Likes

Not ⊄rump though. He’s still a racist moron. Not interesting at all.

5 Likes

I don’t count him as a member of mankind. More like an aberrant, destructive phenomenon that happens to exist in parallel with the rest of the world.

4 Likes

Ask Obama to pee on the seats. Hell, I’ll pee on the seats for him.

2 Likes

http://www.pointofinquiry.org/sarah_posner_how_trump_got_his_hands_on_the_religious_right/

1 Like

That was really interesting. That bit at the end where they talk about how many Evangelical women have been sexually abused and how they must feel so alone, made me think that if there were a candidate who knew how to speak their language and could motivate them, that it could be a powerful alliance for the left.

12 Likes

Or, if they were always difficult and obstinate, it might be hard to tell when the disease sets in. My mother had it, and we were just used to her saying crazy things, so we didn’t notice at first. Also, she had Dad to cover for her, just as Trump has people to do that for him. It wasn’t until Dad died that we slowly understood that she was a danger to herself and others.

9 Likes

The first one who came to my mind is Rachel Held Evans.

Also,

8 Likes

There was someone who posted up a really thoughtful piece about abortion where it was against abortion but the gist of the piece was that she was against abortion because an environment where so many women need them and feel they have to have them in order to go to work for economic factors was not an environment that is pro woman - it wasn’t like “a woman’s place is in the home,” It was like, “an environment where people choose to work rather than raise children because they don’t have any other choices is not pro-woman.” It was probably the first “pro-life” stuff I read that I thought, okay, I could get on board with this point of view. I think it was actually more of a pro-woman viewpoint but it got to some deeper issues of inequality for women. I’ll see if I can find it. I think it would be interesting to create a woman-centered coalition.

6 Likes

It sounds interesting but I’m not sure the conclusion is particularly valid; if you are opposed to the socioeconomic environment that creates that situation, fix that first.

Otherwise you’re just applying morality to reproductive choices, same as it has ever been.

I’d be really interested to read the piece though, if you can find it

3 Likes

(deleted for poor taste.)

Whaaaaat?

This is fine. Everything is fine.

10 Likes

15 Likes

“During a foreign policy briefing several months ago, Trump asked three times in an hour, “If we have them, why can’t we use them?”” -PoliticusUSA Aug03, 2016

10 Likes

16 Likes

Just read that the person killed by the tree was an Architect of the Capitol employee. Those guys and gals do great work keeping that building in shape. There’s nothing they can do about the rats that inhabit it but they can preserve the architecture and grounds to the best of their ability. I’ve had the pleasure to see some of the archived architectural prints and drawings there. Some of the original 1/1 scale drawings are quite beautiful.

There are lots of really old trees around the Capitol and like it’s inhabitants they are rotting, so be careful if you’re in the neighborhood.

3 Likes
9 Likes