A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Of course Trump would think congratulating someone for being honored is better than actually honoring someone for what theyā€™ve done to deserve it. *sigh*

14 Likes

6 Likes

Oh dear god, why canā€™t he just die already?

9 Likes

Does he really think drugs will be stopped by a border wall? Donā€™t most drugs come by air or sea - or are smuggled through border checkpoints?

I doubt MS13 gang members will be deterred by a wall. Also maybe someone should tell him that MS13 is a domestic gang that went international, not the other way around since he seems to believe this so much.

Maybe he should spend the border wall money on a giant dome that can enclose all the red states.

9 Likes

Well, if you believe the whispers that have been on the wind since Nixon was the POTUS, the biggest drug importers are our government, and the useless war on drugs is just an excuse to keep Blacks and other ā€œundesirableā€ citizens incarcerated.

12 Likes

Indeed Iā€™ve heard this before, along with how crack was invented by the CIA to destroy black neighborhoods.

While I have no doubt the government does and has done all kinds of shady and illegal/immoral shit in the ā€œwar on drugsā€ I donā€™t believe thereā€™s a massive and coordinated conspiracy going on.

I have to think that with something of this magnitude it wouldnā€™t have been relegated to the conspiracy nut realm for so long. People love to talk and far worse things have been leaked far sooner with much more damning evidence.

2 Likes

All I know for sure is this:

http://www.drugsense.org/cms/wodclock

Any other ā€˜warā€™ with such a dismal ā€œsuccess rateā€ would have been ended by now.

6 Likes

There definitely was a recorded undercurrent of racism involved in the war against drugs under Nixon, though.

ā€œYou know, itā€™s a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana is Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob? What is the matter with them? I suppose itā€™s because most of them are psychiatrists.ā€ --Richard Nixon, 1971

Then thereā€™s the (admittedly, disputed) quote from his domestic policy chief: ā€œWe knew we couldnā€™t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.ā€

7 Likes

Oh, donā€™t get me wrong. I fully believe the entire war on drugs is a sham and it disproportionately affects poor minorities. Thanks to ongoing prison privatization (which has already been further deregulated thanks to the Racist Elf) people definitely have a financial interest in keeping others incarcerated.

3 Likes

Anytime the government declares war against a concept it would never have a conceivable ending

5 Likes

Fair point.

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/856233279841849344
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/856234989591121922

EDIT

The poll in question said he would win the vote 43% to 40% from the respondents.

8 Likes

ā€œAlso, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and Unicorns are all still alive today, and support me 100%.ā€

8 Likes

Wait, is it the fake media falsely saying Hillary won the popular vote, or is it that there were three million illegal votes that should not have been counted? Iā€™m so confused. head_explodes.gif

ETA why is he still harping about it?

8 Likes

Iā€™ve heard the quote but not the dispute. Do you know anything about whoā€™s disputing it?

From what Iā€™ve read, Ehrlichmanā€™s children have disputed it, and Pat Buchanan (previously Nixonā€™s speechwriter) has claimed that the quote didnā€™t describe policy. I havenā€™t looked much into the evidence either way, though it seems like a hell of a quote to accuse someone of making it up.

1 Like

Looks like this piece has the story of the quoteā€™s origin.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Iā€™m getting to this level with each passing day:

7 Likes

This basically says it all:

Weā€™re fucked.

13 Likes