A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Constitution: “No you!”

16 Likes

I was going to say that he was violating his oath of office:

I, Donald John Trump, do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States

… But then I decided I was probably just overestimating the “best of his ability.”

15 Likes

To paraphrase a line from Devil in a Blue Dress: “If you didn’t want the Constitution killed, why’d you elect me?”

5 Likes

Hoo boy. It’s really starting now.

8 Likes

And yet a significant portion of people everywhere will defend him as not being a fascist.

8 Likes

He’s “Just Asking Questions”?

6 Likes

Likely so, but I do have some faith that a significantly larger portion would rise up and fight back. Very few in the U.S. would be happy with a de facto dictator, whatever his policies, promises or hairstyle.

But then, on second thought, I suspect I’m kidding myself. Peeling ourselves away from cell phones and other entertainments is clearly too much to ask of most of us, for pretty much any reason.

slinks off to cower in a corner

11 Likes

I’ll be honest, if it gets that bad my family is exiting the country. I have that ability, and while I (somewhat) wish I had the mettle to stay and fight, I know I do not.

2 Likes

Is this unusual? I can’t tell if this is a “business-as-usual that just seems grosser and slimier because it’s Trump…”

I swear I had a good reason to be reading business insider…

9 Likes

And then he walks out of the softball interview from a morning show.

7:25 is the twitter link and the ending of the interview after refusing to talk about it.

5 Likes

Our entire country is becoming one big Fyre Festival.

13 Likes

The President of the U.S. apparently thinks slavery was something that could have been “worked out”.

13 Likes

Yeah, check this video out:

That’s right, it’s gone the way of Pepsi (online at least).

1 Like

Good Lord, what is he even attempting to do?

12 Likes

“People don’t realize, you know, the Civil War, you think about it, why? People don’t ask that question, but why was there the Civil War? Why could that one not have been worked out?”

I know slavery must seem like a minor thing to a guy who kicked black people out of his apartments for being black, and once called for the death of black people who’d been found innocent of a crime, but c’mon, Don.

Is he suggesting that if Andrew Jackson had been president instead of Lincoln, he would’ve been super cool with slavery and thus prevented a war?

18 Likes

Yes, actually, Mr. President. There are people who ask those questions. They’re called historians! they know why there was a civil war and they even speculate on whether or not the problems could be worked out.

But slavery wasn’t that bad! He knows cause some white people told him! /s

Meanwhile, I’m reading Colson Whitehead’s novel The Underground Railroad!

What an asshole.

20 Likes

But who wants to take the time to listen to subject matter experts? Much better to invent a history out of whole cloth that sounds nice. #alternativehistory

13 Likes

Especially if they’re women! Better to let men do that work, and those who haven’t been tainted by an association with some scummy university!

14 Likes

“The slaves that picked the cotton that went into that whole cloth were well-fed and had decent lodgings!”
- Some disgraced ex-Fox News personality

12 Likes

“I mean, really, shouldn’t those slaves have been paying the plantation owner for all the amenities? Bunch of freeloaders, if you ask me!”

• Some ignorant talking head on ex-Fox News personalities’ show
12 Likes