A store for flat earthers by flat earthers

And the Moon, too? I suppose the Moon is a flat disk that we see top down?

We do only see one side of it…

Nope. If it wasn’t such a serious thing for some people, it would be a fun novelty. 20 years ago a shirt like that would be a fun shirt. Today it signifies people one shouldn’t breed with…

4 Likes

I don’t know … that calendar has some neat imagery. I assume the whole store is just someone taking the piss?

2 Likes

Just from looking at the moon, we can tell at the very least it is deeply bowl shaped and definitely not flat:

Lunar Libration.

10 Likes

“I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree (even though I am so obviously right since the local downwards direction clearlydoesn’t change at all as you move around the earth).”

No, that’s the secret problem with the globe theory. It’s a scientific fact that if we lived on a globe, ships and whales would grow to the size of Australia.

4 Likes

I’m kind of thankful that the calendar is sold out. Nothing else in their store is as appealing to me.

The sun and moon rotate around the earth, which is the center of creation. Obviously, both celestial objects go under the earth during the night, and reappear in the east at morning.

We learned this in the 13th century, try to keep up!

4 Likes

Eww. [SQUICKY]

If I’m to remain faithful, of which there is every indication that I will, then I’m done with all that.
So I guess that those that you describe are me.

So I can get a shirt then right?

1 Like

Yes, I remember learning something about that during the last lunar eclipse.

20 Likes

It’s easy to laugh at flat earthers and I indulge myself I admit, but I can’t shake the feeling that there’s some talented scammers at work here profiting off gullible people. Hmm.

2 Likes

After Sputnik, there supposedly was a campaign to get more American students into (what we would today call) STEM. Boy, that sure did not have much of a lasting effect!

1 Like

9 Likes

Fake! 

1 Like

Isn’t that true of most conspiracy theories?

2 Likes

Prove me wrong. Take a picture of the moon every night for a few months.

3 Likes

Hypothesis: the Earth is indeed flat.

Therefore: Real estate near the edge would be awesome. Can you imagine the view from the Overlook Hotel (okay, maybe not the best name)?

But… no hotels. No “Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous” from Elon Musk’s villa at the edge. No Carnival Cruise Line ports of call? No late night infomercials? Nothing?

If nobody is making any money off of it, it can’t exist. QED.

10 Likes

Epicycles, Jerry, Epicycles!

cat-fuck-this-fuck-that

5 Likes