A strange bright purple haze appeared over this town

Originally published at: A strange bright purple haze appeared over this town | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Riiiiiight… now that line makes sense.

It’s the ghost of Jimi Hendrix!

13 Likes
3 Likes
6 Likes

It’s been a minute since I took chemistry, but I recall doing some experiments that generated iodine gas. That is not something you want to breathe in. Hopefully there aren’t long term health impacts–that looks like it was a pretty high concentration over a wide area.

11 Likes

I almost skipped this article expecting it to be another greenhouse operation with purple grow lamps. This…is not that!

4 Likes

15 Likes

All hail the Glow Cloud.

6 Likes

“According to environmental officials, the malfunction caused iodine at the mine to change from a solid to a gaseous state.”

Oh, well, that’s okay, then.

3 Likes

It can cause delayed pulmonary edema, liver, kidney, & thyroid problems, and other stuff. Not good, hope no one got a dose.

9 Likes

Anyone else watching Paper Girls knows exactly what this is… be on the look out for time travelers.

2 Likes

Isn’t purple haze usually a precursor to purple rain?

6 Likes

color-out-space-alpacas

God I love that movie… time to milk the alpacas!

6 Likes

You know the drill, stay inside, close all windows etc. Note that dage can be passed from mother to fetus so pregnant women should take extra care. Cosayach Mina Cala Cala is an iodine production site so it is for sure leakage from a tank there.
It looks pretty but I wouldn’t want to be there right now.

1 Like

Wait, so Jimi…begat Prince?

Confused Thinking GIF

8 Likes
1 Like

Greedy, cold-blooded, corruptible, government officials will ensure that such events continue to take place in poor, powerless communities – and I’m not just talking about SCOTUS’ pushback on the EPA.

2 Likes

It’s actually another screwed-up gender reveal.

5 Likes