A Tesla Cybertruck lost its battle against the iconic "Beverly Hills Hotel" sign (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/05/a-tesla-cybertruck-lost-its-battle-against-the-iconic-beverly-hills-hotel-sign.html

2 Likes

Wrong kind of tank, apparently.

9 Likes

If everyone in Beverly Hills starts driving electric cars then what will become of Eddie Murphy’s banana-in-the-tailpipe gag?

11 Likes

Who says you can’t off-road a cybertruck? Brah got all up on that wall and his body panels still look wicked tight from over here.

8 Likes

… that makes the assumption they were wicked tight prior to the accident. /sarcasm

8 Likes

I read elsewhere the owner tried to blame a valet and tweeted at Elom, asking for a replacement. And so far it’s looking more like the owner was the one who crashed, not a valet.

7 Likes

A cybertruck in Beverly Hills - now there’s a vehicle not being used as a truck, but just as an unnecessarily large status vehicle, like most pickup trucks sold in the US. (If you actually needed a truck, the cybertruck seems like a really poor choice anyways.)

8 Likes

I would expect nothing better from a cybertruck owner. BMW and Audi drivers are probably breathing a sigh of relief as they aren’t the designated arsehole drivers any more.

11 Likes

Unfortunately for them, there are far, far fewer cybertruck owners on the streets than BMW or Audis…

4 Likes

Perhaps not Peak LA, but definitely up there

1 Like

I like the added audio humour of the muscle car driving past at the end. This is a scene worthy of Chaos Canyon; complete with the sound effects.

2 Likes

Turns into cone-on-the-hood? Admittedly not as clandestine.

1 Like

No, the are the snobs looking down at the new money Rodney Dangerfield types trying join to their exclusive club…

Happy Dance GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

5 Likes

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. The Asshole Driver Tent a big tent.

8 Likes

That’s where it wanted to be.

2 Likes

Not to excuse anyone, but that intersection is weird. It’s a six-way intersection, plus the entrance to the hotel. I can easily see people doing something stupid there.

Here’s another example:

7 Likes

That’s hard to watch.

3 Likes

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.