A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 1)

10 Likes

WTH… :astonished: :angry:

17 Likes

A lot of the responses on the post point out that the husband might not like tampons because it is a “foreign” object being inserted into his wife, and I am sorry, but if your ego is that fragile, you have a lot bigger issues to work through.

Ugh.

Sounds like those fuckwits who won’t wipe their butts cuz that would mean they’re gay.

19 Likes

Wha…whaaaat?

13 Likes

as a texan, you have my apologies for my state providing a model for new ways to try to restrict women’s autonomy.

11 Likes

it appears to be a thing, seriously. this blog post talks about it and has links to previous discussions–

17 Likes

Weird! So do guys like this assume all male proctologists are gay?

13 Likes

Colonoscopy? No way, too gay! I’ll just chop out bowel sections myself if all this red meat i love causes colon cancer.

13 Likes

Probably. I feel very sorry for the physicians they choose instead!
Greys Anatomy Help GIF

11 Likes

Samantha Bee’s report shows this whole Quiverfull movement (and associated poster families like the Duggars) is much worse than I’d imagined:

Also, more states are piling on: :angry:

16 Likes

Not that I want this, but the more I read about the anti-trans-care bills and these cruel anti-choice bills (bc let’s be clear, the one you link isn’t about forced birth, it’s about a death sentence), the more I wonder why these same groups aren’t loudly protesting fertility treatments.
Like, if the biology of our bodies is such that it must not be altered, even if it might harm us to leave it as is, then why aren’t they screaming out about altering women’s hormones or other medical interventions to improve fertility?
And I realize it’s a fools game to even wonder. I just wish they had an actual consistent baseline so we could have a meaningful conversation about the topic of bodily autonomy.

14 Likes

Because it’s not about altering biology but the proper order of nature. You see, zygotes with XX chromosomes are women who will go on to wear pink and fall for strong men and have lots of babies between serving meals, as explained by classic science texts like evo psych blogs and the bible (you might need a televangelist to interpret it for you). It’s true that sometimes reality doesn’t conform to this model…that means there has been a mistake and reality should be fixed. That doesn’t mean you can play God and let people do what they need to live happy fulfilled lives.

13 Likes

That must be it, because I get something totally different out of my reading of it!
Lol.

10 Likes
9 Likes

“They don’t have the hospital machinery to tell if this is an ectopic pregnancy. They might just think it’s a normal pregnancy, and they want to abort that child.

Tell me you are an idiot without telling me you are an idiot. Ultrasounds have been around for a while, dude. A long while. And have gotten really fucking good at defining exactly what is going on in there. It’s not really that hard. Asshole.

20 Likes

From The Mary Sue

So he’s legislating women’s bodies and health over something he doesn’t understand? All male politicians should be required to take a comprehensive sexual health course before writing or voting on any bill about reproductive rights, full stop.

No. I want men to just stop legislating women’s reproductive choices. No bills, no votes. Full stop.

17 Likes

agreeing kevin corrigan GIF

15 Likes
13 Likes
6 Likes

Just saw this myself. I was a tad uncomfortable with the (imho) overblown Tiger Mom stereotype, but happy with the open discussion of periods, something that is just not usually seen. I think that was the actual theme of the whole film, just kinda low-key. It never occured to me to be turned off by the fact that it was not about white men, but i guess that’s a thing. Sigh.

13 Likes