Michigan GOP candidate: "I tell my daughters, if rape is inevitable you should just lie back and enjoy it"

Originally published at: Michigan GOP candidate: "I tell my daughters, if rape is inevitable you should just lie back and enjoy it" | Boing Boing

11 Likes

“I didn’t really mean to say they should enjoy being raped, I just meant that if they ever are raped they should know it was their fault because they could have done something to avoid it.”

46 Likes

This is the only reason the GQP would object to this statement. For women, sex should never be enjoyed. Only loose women would do such a thing. They cannot comprehend that rape is not just sex. Therefore, to be a rape victim is an immoral act.

44 Likes

Animated GIF

55 Likes

That should be a career-ending comment.

53 Likes

And someone should really check in on his family. His daughter sounds justifiably afraid of him.

58 Likes

WTF?

Stop Talking Small Business GIF by Aurora Consulting - EIDL Consulting

37 Likes

Especially since he’s plagiarizing Bobby Knight, the thoroughly-despised-in-Michigan former Indiana basketball coach:

36 Likes

It’s also gross that he just used that analogy as his kind of “go to” analogy, even though it was a pretty big stretch to make it apply to the current conversation…I mean, he’s alluding to the Big Lie as if it’s true and I guess making an analogy between the defeat of that and rape.
But then makes a point of explaining to everyone how he tells his daughters this one bit of advice about being violently physically assaulted, but then clarifies that “we don’t roll like that” when it comes to upholding GQP inanity?!?

crazy ex-girlfriend wtf GIF

42 Likes

That part at least is true.

27 Likes

This is my state but not my Rep

When he was running in the last election his daughter tweeted “please don’t vote for my dad”.

25 Likes

“I just plan to emotionally abuse them after they are raped because that’s what a good father does to his daughters!”

32 Likes

I give you, Tex Antoine - Wikipedia

From popular NYC news weatherman… to a nothing.

8 Likes

gross gag GIF by Anime Crimes Division

26 Likes

O_O

That is not the advice I would give my daughter.

17 Likes

Wholeheartedly agree but holy crap there have been a lot of "should be"s over the last few years.

2 Likes

It was at one time. Clayton Williams, candidate for Governor of Texas in 1990, made the same exact comment, and it killed his campaign. He had a double digit lead in the polls over Ann Richards at the time, and ended up losing to her just a few months later.

20 Likes

He seems nice.

Maybe check his panel van.

19 Likes

Now I wonder what his own plans are in case he is raped.

12 Likes

I miss the days when people would actually change their vote based on their assessment of someone’s character and integrity. In today’s GOP, the more reprehensible you are, the more fervent the support it seems.

16 Likes