Michigan GOP candidate: "I tell my daughters, if rape is inevitable you should just lie back and enjoy it"

Today’s winner on Race to the Bottom!

Jeebus fucking shit I feel sick

17 Likes

Yeah, me too. And the Clayton Williams thing was even in Texas! If that happened in Texas today, his poll numbers would probably go up.

15 Likes

I KNEW I remembered that exact same line being a political scandal decades ago! I was certain it was a Republican, too. I just couldn’t remember who.

7 Likes

“And remember, kids, if you are being kidnapped don’t bother resisting. Maybe even recruit some other children to come along since you might as well enjoy your captivity.”

11 Likes

hey, RJ, are the rules different if you’re the one getting raped?

2 Likes

Are any of his daughters still minors? If so I nominate the Michigan Children’s Protective Services to be the ones to check in on his family.

12 Likes

And If tanks have surrounded your capital you should just sit back and enjoy it I guess, too?

But taxes tho… you do NOT sit back and enjoy THAT. That means WAR my friend.

To Texas I mean hell with all of them.

7 Likes

Before I even finished the article I was thinking of posting something along these lines. Because to me, in my opinion, those are the kind of words a groomer and/or molester of family members would say. And there is always the old GOP algorithm that you accuse others of doing what you have done, intend to do or wish you could do.

15 Likes

No one asked if he feels the same if he’s the one being raped?

19 Likes

Haha, no I think I’ve seen enough thanks.

9 Likes

I mean, I would, but I don’t really want to get close to that guy and I can’t promise not to smack him.

14 Likes

Sounds came out of my noise-hole that I want you to pretend you didn’t hear. Pretty please?

3 Likes

I’m from Texas, so I remembered it well. Also, I went to Texas A&M, which has the Clayton Williams Alumni Center…which is on George Bush Drive. I enjoyed my time at that school, but damn is it a right wing hell hole.

13 Likes

If getting flayed alive is inevitable, just lay back and enjoy it. /s

5 Likes

Pretty standard, actually…

3 Likes

Misogynists can’t envision that or even entertain the thought. They blame the victims for “getting themselves” raped, and misogynists can’t see how they’d get themselves raped.

12 Likes

After a year at A&M, I transferred to University of North Texas. That’s about a 95% cultural, social, and political shift. Both are amazing schools, but you only live once. Don’t rule out being happy.

3 Likes

True visceral ugliness and evil tend to reveal themselves without much thought. The worst ones though do it even after much deliberation.

3 Likes

Fantasy right now of that truck being run off the road by a short bus.

This “joke” is significantly older than '88.

Also here’s a 1970 album. I suppose it may not be a reference to the same but I would give it good odds.

5 Likes