Michigan's "enjoy rape" MAGA candidate loses big to Democrat

Originally published at: Michigan's "enjoy rape" MAGA candidate loses big to Democrat | Boing Boing

17 Likes

Thank FUCK.

46 Likes

Relief Im So Relieved GIF

31 Likes

Paint all the GOP with that same brush please…

19 Likes

Nice…but one election does not a trend make.

10 Likes

Did Trump endorse him?

2 Likes

Of course if one of his daughters did admit to enjoying such an experience he would probably disown her as both “damaged goods” and a slut to boot.

Who implied otherwise?

23 Likes

16 Likes

Hark, is that a bellwether I hear?

(Hope so!)

23 Likes

I used to think “let them run their extremists, it will scare away everyone but the die-hard GOP voter.”

Then Trump came along.

23 Likes

Even when the extremists lose their participation in the process pushes the Overton window ever farther to the right.

25 Likes

The bad news is that a Republican has to be the vilest of scum-sucking bottom feeders to lose an election in a red district.

The good news is that there are plenty of Republicans like that.

27 Likes

21 Likes

Not Boing Boing or anyone here, rather…

This swing, Bonier suggested, “may be an early indicator of the electorate reaching a breaking point with Republican extremism.”

6 Likes

If he had stuck with dog whistling racist BS instead of shouting Q nonsense, he likely would’ve won. This district is in a conservative part of the state, not a “conservative” part of the state. I guess the MAGA types can’t tell the difference anymore.

Too bad. /s

14 Likes

So why even bring it up, then?

3 Likes

Because—comical photo of a screwed-up facial expression aside—it relates to the actual source material that Boing Boing is referencing and linking to. Any implication otherwise, I believe, was never stated nor intended. This has now gotten quite far off topic.

2 Likes

But it is a start and an inspiration. The SCOTUS leak is an opportunity for even the most weak willed Democrats to hammer Republican opponents.

“The GOP wants women to be slaves”
“The GOP has gone Full Gilead”

5 Likes

Don’t be ridiculous; everything is terrible, we’re all screwed no matter what, and so there’s no point in fighting, or even trying to resist, ever…

/s

10 Likes

But you’re simply repeating what WaPo clarified right after the quote. Most of us read the excerpt and are literate. :woman_shrugging:

16 Likes