Michigan's "enjoy rape" MAGA candidate loses big to Democrat

Well who did that!?

13 Likes

Some folks find there’s just not enough negativity in the world.

Even today.

9 Likes

So I may not have to put my house up for a sale after all. I’ll wait til November but maybe there is hope for my state.

3 Likes

I guess he’ll need to follow his own advice, lie back, and enjoy the bad news.

3 Likes
1 Like

Okay, so the guy is gross for using that analogy when almost any other would be better, but if you listen to his whole statement, he is saying that “lie back and enjoy it” is not what he would say to his daughters. He is implying that he would tell them to fight back, just like he is going to fight back against the 2020 election results. The man is wrong about so many things that we don’t need to fight him on a sentence fragment taken out of context and we especially don’t need to continue to spread taking the comment out of context. We can leave it in context and call it out for being inappropriate and unbecoming of a wannabe public official.

Here’s the whole statement, from the nbcnews article from March.

“That’s kind of like having three daughters. I tell my daughters if rape is inevitable, lie back and enjoy it,” Regan said. “That’s not how we roll. That’s not how we won this election.”

Nothing out of context here. It’s clear he values overturning an election more than the mental and physical well-being of his daughters. But then passivity is all we can expect from mere women, not like manly men who stand up for themselves. /s

Even a Republican woman on the panel had no trouble understanding what he was saying, and called him out on it at the time.

Amber Harris, a Republican activist and fellow panelist, told Regan during the stream that his analogy was a “shameful comment.”

“Advice to your daughters: Don’t do that,” Harris said. “Fight all the time.”

23 Likes

That right there is where you fucked up good and hard.

16 Likes

No. He’s not. He’s saying he tells his daughters to do that if rape is inevitable, but that’s not how we (meaning Republican candidates) roll, and that he will indeed fight back regarding the election. Listen again. He literally says that’s what he tells his daughters to do. :woman_shrugging:t2:

19 Likes

So while this is good, the voter turnout to this sits at around 20% of the voter turnout in 2020. I think it’s more likely that republicans just didn’t know it was an election or didn’t care. Republicans still have a majority in the state house, even with this flipped seat. The term runs until December 2022, so she’ll have about 7 months in office.

1 Like

a man

19 Likes

6 Likes

That is a taste of hope but I’m still very nervous.

6 Likes

Is this some superhero known as the “concrete crusher?” Otherwise, I don’t get that other reply…:confused:

5 Likes

The image is of “Negative Man” from the Doom Patrol.

I think that the other reply was a lonely bot making a song request.

6 Likes

It’s a bit long, but I think this would make a good band name. I’m imagining their sound would be rather EMO. :wink:

6 Likes

“Lonely Bot Song Request” sounds like really slow EDM.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.