Michigan GOP candidate: "I tell my daughters, if rape is inevitable you should just lie back and enjoy it"

Not sure how much Michiganders care about some loser in Texas, but the only thing worse than Bobby Knight is anything related to Ohio State football…

2 Likes

Came here to mention this exact quote and that the last I heard of it my university only named the Alumni Center after him :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Even the most committed Stoic would be saying “What is your damned problem, man?”

2 Likes

Or to wear a mask to prevent spreading a contagion??. But muh freedumbz!!!.

1 Like

Also:

15 Likes

Are you my dad? My dad went to A&M one year in 1957. I think he wasn’t happy with the absence of women at the school at the time, so he transferred to what was then North Texas State. Anyway, I graduated from A&M in 1991, so my time there is long past. I’m now in law school at Seton Hall, which is a much more progressive school, in spite of the fact that it produced Chris Christie.

2 Likes

Reminder, this is the same stance Clayton Williams took when he was running for governor of Texas vs. Ann Richards. From Wikipedia: " During the campaign, Williams publicly made a comment, which he later said was a joke, that likened the crime of rape to bad weather, having stated: “If it’s inevitable, just relax and enjoy it”.

Richards won that race, of course…

1 Like

It hasn’t ever been funny, mind.

There are no rape jokes, only assholes.

12 Likes

parks and recreation whats your point GIF

7 Likes

Just a little over 30 years off. Sorry.

1 Like

The point? As Winston Churchill wrote, “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.”

1 Like

You’re mansplaining a quote about history to a well read historian.

14 Likes

SSDD…

Acquiesce Whelp GIF

11 Likes

9 Likes

Wondering at what point in the process he tells his daughters this.

if only i had more likes to give, i’d give them to you here and now.

6 Likes

Oof. Scuse me… Ann Richards was pretty dang cool.
1jfh69

1 Like

That’s George Santayana. As far as I can tell Winston Churchill probably didn’t even repeat it.

The Talk 2

7 Likes

It didn’t seem that there was any context to take out of.

1 Like

This. Texas is investigating people with trans kids because they’re attending to their needs, but this asshole…

Fucking unicorn chaser please.

1 Like