A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 2)

12 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks, great points, good history, AND entertaining!

(Wow, posted a day ago and 1.2 million views already. :hushed: )

8 Likes

11 Likes

17 Likes

BRB burning everything down.

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

12 Likes
14 Likes
8 Likes

Rebecca Cheptegei: Olympic athlete dies days after being set alight by ex-boyfriend - BBC News

15 Likes

I didn’t want to say anything, but when I saw 75%, there was no doubt of the outcome. Apparently he must have sprinkled some petrol on himself, as he was burned too, but of course he’ll be fine. At least their system seems to be taking it seriously. Small comfort. Sometimes I really wonder if “The Gate to Women’s Country” is the solution.

13 Likes

Same. What a heartless, horrible act.

11 Likes
11 Likes

I was expecting to be posting about Linkin Park’s new lead singer and how she faced online hate, but I wasn’t expecting to be posting about how she is a hardcore Danny Masterson supporter today. I feel really bad and pissed off for LP fans

6 Likes
10 Likes

So - it’s not a story about misogyny?

5 Likes

It was an open secret among famous scientologists that the guy is a rapist.

Yes her facing the online abuse for heading LP is bad but so is this.

3 Likes

Special Victims Unit Reaction GIF by Law & Order

I’m starting to feel like every country needs a national hotline and a squad to investigate/raise awareness of practices like this and shut them down. Bonus points for putting the names of the folks behind it all out there so the rest of us can ask WTF were they thinking, and are there any other positions of power from which they need to be removed ASAP.

15 Likes

They insist it is impossible to conduct a proper exam if children are fully clothed. And the children are in no position to refuse. The schools are really concerned about this and want something to be done.”

I feel i can speak with some authority on this, and it is utter bullshit. I do yhis mutiple times each day, and rarely is it necessary to have kids strip fully. We, of course, also do not do mass exams with other kids present. What the hell are they thinking?

14 Likes

That childen are little soldiers, to be lined up and inspected.

Some regions began conducting more invasive health checkups during the years of postwar austerity, when schools took on a bigger role in ensuring that children were healthy and properly fed.

7 Likes

You would think that they would at least have women doctors doing the topless health checks for young girls, but nope.

7 Likes