A thread of our own- misogyny (Part 2)

13 Likes
11 Likes

Jobe Fortuna is alright.

6 Likes

Middlesex District Attorney Marian Ryan said at a news conference Monday that Bady had been a boyfriend of Dickey’s “for some period of time."
Police said they received a call earlier June 14, shortly after midnight, saying a male and a female were fighting outside. The caller reported a female screaming, “Get off me, get away from me, I don’t want to be with you anymore.” The caller also reported hearing gunshots, police said.

She’s 15 and in 8th grade. He’s 21. In no way is this OK.

15 Likes

He wasn’t her ‘boyfriend’. (as you know)

12 Likes
11 Likes

from

9 Likes

:weary:

13 Likes
10 Likes

9 Likes

Uh, is this referring to that Ellen Barkin movie with murder, rape, and pregnancy plot twists? :grimacing:

6 Likes

what a problematic movie, but I liked it anyways…

8 Likes

Yeah, it is. I found this in a very trans online space, so the gender swap thing is of course something a lot of transfem folks are drawn to, but the commentary in the quoting skeet rang very true and I felt it was worth sharing.

9 Likes

Grotesque violence against women is compounded by the legal system.

13 Likes

Crotty was handed a three year suspended sentence at Limerick Circuit Court after he pleaded guilty to the attack.

THAT’S FUCKING ALL?

Oh, and he might be dismissed from the defense forces. After he beat a woman unconscious and bragged about it on social media.

18 Likes

Yeah. I hope the sentence will be appealed. I don’t know how likely this is.

The judge claimed that a custodial sentence would end his army career. The equivalent of being a middling athlete I guess.

12 Likes

Cf.,

10 Likes

Jonathan Majors Tearfully Addresses Assault Conviction After Winning ‘Perseverance Award’

10 Likes
12 Likes
15 Likes