A tired Donald Trump thinks he's still got it, ogles woman putter on the golf course (video)

:wink:

1 Like

That’s abuse of the concept of ‘tone policing’. I’m not saying that you’re due to be civil, in any capacity, to Donald Trump. At no point am I saying that your point would be better if you were more polite. Feel free to be impolite and insulting, as is your right.

What I am saying is that, for all the reasons that Trump is a bad person, being fat isn’t one of them. It’s not appropriate any more than using someone’s race as the butt of the joke. Trump isn’t a bad person because he’s fat. He’s not fat because he’s a bad person. (Likewise any remarks about genitalia).

And you are gaslighting. The concept is apt and on target.

I believe you’re intentionally leaving out the most important part…again.

Trump is a bad person because he’s a fat, gross person who consistently judges women on their appearance in public and private and consistently seeks to arrange dalliances with women he deems sexy with no regard for their intelligence or accomplishments, or even the feelings of the person he’s married to that day.
Trump’s consistent judging of women undermines the confidence of women who see him get away with the worst behavior (including sex-based assault), while being rewarded with things he never deserved like a TV show and a presidency.

It’s a structural harm that is telegraphed to anyone who reads or watches the news on TV (that this is how you treat women). It is an assault on women wherever they fall on the spectrum based entirely in looks and sex appeal.
And if someone is harming your well-being physically, financially, emotionally and structurally as Trump and other chauvinists have been doing for ages, it is entirely appropriate to fight fire with fire.

I don’t know how else I can help you understand, except maybe suggest you go talk to some folks in the Women’s Studies department.

5 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.