The best golfer in America

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/04/12/the-best-golfer-in-america.html

5 Likes

Seems like a huge liability to the golf course and event organizers that they’d let the onlookers to stand in the line of fire of golfers. Reminds me of that one person that recently lost an eye after getting hit from an errant golf ball at a tournament.

6 Likes

She doesn’t just hit the crowd twice, she hits the same person twice.

12 Likes

The only thing that would improve the situation is a brawl

4 Likes

25 Likes

"This time… it’s personal!"

3 Likes

Get her down to Mar-a-Lago NOW!

10 Likes

Yeah, you don’t mess with the Vienna Elevator Killer.

2 Likes

A consistent swing is the first step on the road to greatness. I think we can expect great things from her… terrible, yes, but great.

24 Likes

Not that I want to always be mentioning his name, but the stories about how Trump is such a horrendous and well-known golf cheat are pretty amazing.

9 Likes

Trying to figure out who that is and when it happened. Based on the clothing and TV quality - I’m going with sometime in the 90s.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m confused, are the people in the way, or causing a problem? It seems that they are behind the rope in the video?

1 Like

Spectators agree to something like this when they buy a ticket:

YOU ASSUME ALL RISK AND DANGER ARISING OUT OF YOUR ATTENDANCE INCLUDING LOSS OF YOUR PERSONAL PROPERTY, INJURY, OR DEATH FROM A GOLF SHOT OR BY OTHER SPECTATORS OR PLAYERS, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE TOUR, THE HOST ORGANIZATION, THE HOST SITE, TELEVISION BROADCASTERS, SPONSORS, VENDORS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS, AND ALL VOLUNTEERS, PARTICIPATING PLAYERS AND CADDIES, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF SUCH LOSSES, INJURIES OR DEATH.

6 Likes

And he drives his golf cart on the putting green. He’s a monster. I did that once as a teenager and some old timer nearby used some colorful language to make sure I didn’t do it again.

6 Likes
5 Likes

“They’re playing [for the title, along with Virtue’s son], and the story I’ve heard now three times is that Trump hit it in the water on 16. They see the ball go in the water. Virtue hits it on the green, his son hits it on the green, but when they get up there, because Trump is always way ahead in his own cart, the caddy is lining up Trump’s ball for a putt. Virtue’s kid says, ‘Mr. President, that’s my ball.’ The caddy says, ‘No, this is Mr. Trump’s ball. Your ball went in the water.’ And the kid, who’s 12 or 13 or whatever, goes, ‘Dad, that was a new ball. That’s my ball.’ And Virtue’s like, ‘I’ll buy you another ball.’ Trump sinks the putt on that hole and goes on to win, and that’s how he’s the club champion.”

In the book, Reilly tells the story of a time Trump played with sportscaster Mike Tirico. On a particularly tough par 5, Tirico smashed his approach shot 230 down the middle of the fairway toward the green, which wasn’t visible from where he hit the shot. Tirico knew he hit the shot of his life, but when he got up to the green, his ball was in the bunker. He found out what happened after the round ended. “Trump’s caddy came up to me and said, ‘You know that shot you hit on the par 5?’” Tirico said. “‘It was about 10 feet from the hole. Trump threw it in the bunker. I watched him do it.’”

Ladies and Gentlemen…I present to you The President of the United States!

19 Likes

I gotta say, something like this would be great cover for an assassin. Just sayin’.

Wasn’t this also similar to a Sherlock case?

1 Like

Fake News, Donald Trump told me who the best golfer was in America and he should know because it coincidentally turned out to be him! What are the odds!?!

2 Likes

Waivers aren’t always enforceable/valid, the most important parts of the waiver is the language of the waiver from what i can tell and also what state the event is being held in as laws may vary.

Source

1 Like
1 Like