A Very Peanuts Third Party Category: You're a Good Man, Howard Schultz

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/27/a-very-peanuts-third-party-cat.html

Tom the Dancing Bug, IN WHICH good ol’ Howard Schultz gets called a blockhead

18 Likes

Hats off. This was excellent.

24 Likes

This is fantastic! Pitch perfect.

16 Likes

Howard Schultz is apply for the job of professional dick-head, and so far he’s got the spot clinched.

14 Likes

That was a dark roast.

35 Likes

“People want higher taxes on the rich you blockhead!”

That really got me giggling.

17 Likes

There are many interesting ways this can yet go. Twists on the ol’ football gag, or maybe synergies with “Donald & John”. But of course it is abundantly clear now that humor potential, no matter how great, should not excuse lingering on the political stage.

5 Likes

The first panel is a reference to the first ever Peanuts comic, maybe the best single-day funny pages strip ever.

25 Likes

Oh, burned!

… just like their coffee.

9 Likes

On the one hand, Schultz is an asshole.

On the other hand, if your chosen political party is not actively working towards moving your state towards ranked choice voting, you are in no position to complain about spoilers, and doing so is a fundamentally dishonest way of arguing for preserving the status quo without actually having to come out and say what you mean.

1 Like

This is absolutely brilliant. Having the first panel be a beat for beat recreation of the first ever Peanuts strip is awesome. Up there with the Donald and John strips and the Richard Scarry busy town parody.

And having Pig Pen show up as teh Poors is sublime.

9 Likes

Starbucks coffee doesn’t taste like battery acid. It is kina burned (though I quite like it myself), whereas battery acid just tastes extremely tart.

9 Likes

Just adding to the chorus of appreciation. Bra. Vo.

4 Likes

There’s a story here, I just know it.

6 Likes

Not really; I have a degree in chemistry, and in the course of that process, through various mishaps, people occasionally end up tasting and smelling things they absolutely shouldn’t, like sulfuric acid.

4 Likes

Howard Schultz is in the lower right quadrant of the “political compass” (a non-partisan version of the “Nolan chart”). As you can see, very few of the voters are in that quadrant.

The test this graphic is based on can be found at https://www.politicalcompass.org/test

1 Like

I don’t think it’s based on that test, unless there are millions of silent anarcho-communists in the USA.

2 Likes

Probably not. If you taste battery acid, it’s the last thing your ever taste.

I generally remove batteries from my mouth long before they get to that state.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.