A woman reacts poorly to finding out the employee she is mad at is the manager

In the lobby of the Empire State Building:

“I would like to rent a skyscraper. What do you mean you don’t rent them? What about all those skyscrapers outside?? Somebody owns those?!! I want to talk to the City Manager please!”"

3 Likes

i don’t know. remember that the biggest difference between reality and fiction is that fiction usually has to make sense (exceptions for william s. burroughs and thomas pynchon)

4 Likes

Sometimes if someone is working themselves into a fine old lather over a policy point, staff will send them over to me. I often have to reiterate what staff has already told them; there is a delicious whiff of schadenfreude when they demand to see the manager and I can inform them I am the manager. While I may be able to find a workaround and often have, my motivation is lowered when I have just seen you browbeating my people, then me.

13 Likes

It could be staged…

but a lot of restaurants on water are named “So and So Yacht Club” , even though they’re not really a Club or exlcusive, and having lived on a lake growing up in the Ozarks we had plenty of rich private yachts and plenty of people who easily could have thought that Yacht Club meant that they could just go out and take one.

So , staged? Maybe. Still happens? Probably five or six times a year if my marina friends are to be believed.

3 Likes

I used to regard that as assholes deciding to suddenly be somebody else’s problem.

1 Like

Renting a yacht is generally NOT like renting a uhaul where you can potentially just show up and leave in it. It is more like renting a beach house for a week, with the added complication that you have to prove to the lessor that you are qualified to sail it.

6 Likes

I work in a place that will roll over against policy if a customer yells at a manager enough. This only happens after a frontline worker gets yelled at first. It sucks. It’s unfair to force workers to endure assholish behavior only to have the asshole get their way, and it is unfair to other customers who aren’t assholes. IMO this is borderline illegal behavior on the part of the managers, giving a lot of $$ in some cases to people just because they make a scene, and not extending the same to people who don’t.

3 Likes

Staged obviously, but it has elements of reality since there are so many actual meltdowns to draw inspiration from to give it a sheen of authenticity. The woman doesn’t go apeshit enough, frankly, for it to be a real 2022 style meltdown.

1 Like

Imagine her tantrum if she turned up at the Bored Ape Yacht Club. Not only would all her apes have been stolen she wouldn’t even be able to hire a yacht.

1 Like

You rang?

2 Likes

I´m torn.Part of me says staged, then again, I have encounterd such painfully stupid, collossal Arseholes in customer service…

2 Likes

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.