A world wide list of 17 places for hot dog fans to rejoice

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/05/a-world-wide-list-of-17-places-for-hot-dog-fans-to-rejoice.html

2 Likes
5 Likes

Décarie Hot Dogs in Montreal for simple, tasty wieners

(‘Around the world’ is 2 of 17 that are not in the U.S.) :rofl:

2 Likes

If you’re in Buffalo, NY or environs, Ted’s Hot Dogs is well worth a visit. For the full experience get the loganberry pop (soda, to non-WNYers).

2 Likes

Just as long as they have a good curry ketchup.

7 Likes

“Define your terms!”, shouted my seventh grade math teacher. When is a sausage not a hot-dog? We should assume all hot-dogs are sausages, yes? (“you might need a ‘/s’ in there somewhere, people tend to get their backs up über ihre Würste”)

2 Likes

A fun post from Popkin!

4 Likes

There are so many great hot dog places in New Jersey… like Jimmy Buffs or Rutts Hut, and they pick (I know, I know) a place that’s been closed for three years and didn’t have good hot dogs to begin with!

3 Likes

There is some controversy about listing Pink’s as having good hot dogs. Sure, it’s a destination, but I’m squarely in the “Pink’s, ugh” camp. For alternatives in LA, see LA’s Best Hot Dogs, From Chili Dogs to Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs - Eater LA

Highly recommend Easterbrooks in Burlington, Ontario, Canada. Website so old that it doesn’t support https!

http://easterbrooks.ca/

We have been serving Canada’s best hotdogs, Hamburgers, French fries and real ice cream for over 85 years. For 4 generations we have been proud to serve our community by providing a dining experience in a clean and pleasant environment that emphasizes exceptional personal service, quality food, a diverse selection, and great value but most importantly a great atmosphere that has not changed over the decades.

Our roots go back to 1926 when Mable Easterbrook first opened our store as a tea house. In 1930 she began selling hotdogs and has taken off from there. Since 1930 we have sold over 1600 miles of hotdogs and over 1 million pounds of ice cream!

2 Likes

verry tasty !

1 Like

Harry Grove Stadium, home of the Frederick Keys MiLB team, has pale, lukewarm, flavorless hot dogs, if that’s what you’re into.

Five Guys does a decent hot dog. Butterflied on a flat top grill, then add your toppings. I like raw onion, relish, and mustard.

1 Like

Since they mention the Wiener’s Circle – definitely worth visiting, but obviously there are SO MANY other places in Chicago as well – it gives me the opportunity to post one of my favorite comedy videos of all time:

(Start at 0:50 if you don’t need the lead-in)

3 Likes

I’ll second the Ted’s recommendation. No finer hot dog chain exists.

1 Like

(Googles Huell Howser) Huh. Well, there are worse legacies than having a hot dog named after you!

Also…

1 Like
2 Likes

Or any ketchup, really!

4 Likes

Who’s up for a road trip?

2 Likes

World wide: 15 places in the US, one in Canada, one in Iceland. Really?

1 Like

Not at all ashamed to be a homer. If you’re in the neighborhood, try Fort Wayne’s Famous Coney Island.

1 Like