A would-be clinic-bomber & friends are terrorizing a charter school for being too close to a future Planned Parenthood office

Penultimate pig looks a bit like a lamb.

5 Likes

[quote=“Advocate, post:13, topic:73121, full:true”]
Doctorow, you’ve become a propagandist[/quote]

I take it you haven’t read much of Cory’s work up until now? He doesn’t pretend to be unbiased nor does he hide his affiliations.

I’m more Morlock than Eloi, so outrage-bait turns me off (especially when it veers into race-baiting) but this is a blog - samizdat, not Gosizdat. You’re not required to respect it, or even read it.

18 Likes

Cock blocking is murder.

21 Likes

Meanwhile, in Iowa, last week

9 Likes

This needs to be on a T-shirt and then sold near the entrance of nightclubs.

4 Likes

Because no banks are being protested. Also they aren’t protesting police brutality, racism or war. In fact many abortion protesters are openly racist.

And now I’ve made myself a little sad.

9 Likes

". . . their photoshopped gore-signs . . . "

Does this imply that they used Photoshop to create the signs, or does it imply that the images on the signs were manipulated with Photoshop for the purposes of deception?

It’s been well proven for decades that the photos used on those signs are manipulated (whether with Photoshop or some other helper) and/or lying about what the images represent, so does it really matter which aspect of the signs is modified by the qualifier “photoshopped”?

17 Likes

Manipulating photos used on the signs is certainly different from lying about what the photos represent (not to mention lying is just easier), so yeah, it matters.

And I want to find proof that the images are photoshopped, but I can’t. Just seems more like a case of “well, everyone knows that they do it,” instead of “it’s been well proven for decades.”

Huh? If you think reporting about a protest that is directed toward children is propaganda you are seriously delusional. Just because the facts don’t fit your narrative doesn’t make it propaganda.

By the way, reproductive rights and abortion are still legal in this country.

15 Likes

I’m sure you’re very disappointed in BoingBoing.

6 Likes

Fixed!

4 Likes

Lots of times. For example, when I and my brother were in grade school in the 1970s there was lots of talk of “Do your parents smoke? Get them to stop – they’ll die!” (this was before second-hand smoke was a thing and so it was just about them and not that they were also hurting us). And so my brother and I pestered our parents until they finally stopped. That was an example of propaganda directed at kids in order to influence their parents. While it worked (and was a good thing) it was kind of creepy if you think about it because kids can’t really critically assess the propaganda. That’s why Fascists and Communists had youth leagues – to indoctrinate the kids even if they couldn’t convince the parents.

7 Likes

It would be interesting to find out a bit about the provenance of the charter school. If the ‘non-profit’ that runs it is affiliated with some ‘conservative’ organization these guys may expect the students’ families would cave under this kind of pressure. Or, they may feel they’re unlikely to be slapped with harassment allegations or civil suits.

See if this had been done outside my young child’s school, there was a fair to medium chance I would have already consulted a lawyer about my options. I might not have brought suit against them when I was a young widow with a 5 year old, but I would have at least checked out my options.

They may feel safer than they should be. Or they may actually be safer than they should be. Moar story please.

1 Like

Not having respect points must really suck. Go on, tell us your pain.

5 Likes

I’m going to go with hoping the school gets a restraining order. Wackos terrorizing elementary school kids isn’t a tactic I want to put any hope in for any cause anywhere.

ETA: So so we’re clear, I do get that you were looking for a silver lining. This is just one of those rare instances where I’d prefer that particular silver lining not come from this particular cloud.

2 Likes

Band name!

5 Likes

10 Likes

It never ceases to amaze (and disappoint) me how much the self-proclaimed followers of Christ can be motivated by pure hatred.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.