ABBA returns after almost 40 years with a new album and ILM-created concert

I read yesterday that success depending they were going to set up another venue in the US after.

“You are the dancing queen
Young and sweet
Only seventeen”

Almost legal:

1 Like

My understanding is that Agnetha (the blonde) has always been uninterested in doing more ABBA. She married some ultra wealthy swiss dude and checked out long ago.

I feels like this was some sort of deal… Benny and Björn have been very active and successful with other music, but not ABBA levels of successful.

They write the music, Agnetha, records her bits at some convenient studio; just a few days of session works. And she doesn’t have to do any support at all.

And they all pull in crazy bucks for a real ABBA thing; for the new material and the show they don’t have to participate in at all.

Supa dupa!

Seems kind of disingenuous. People age, they look different, and they sound different too. May as well embrace it. I’ve seen many of my musical idols perform over the past several years and it can be pretty heartbreaking at times, but that’s life for you.

But given what I’m reading this isn’t so much a concert as it is a fancy light show with some new music and featuring idealized representations of the group in their youthful prime. So, hey, I guess who cares? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Now is the great time to be riding the nostalgia wave for that era and ABBA has always been pretty great at marketing. More power to them.

tl;dr:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.