ABC cancels 'Roseanne' because Roseanne Barr is a racist

I’m now counting the days until the inevitable Roseanne / Dennis Miller / Victoria Jackson “comedy” tour.

15 Likes

I’m imagining some ABC executives screaming, “It’s our number one show! Canceled? What the fuck are you doing!? Her viewers don’t care if she burnt some crosses! Un-cancel it now!” Although maybe they realized she’d do more to poison the brand than she’d bring in deplorables to watch her show.

Oh, it’s crazy-real. By which I mean it’s both real and crazy.

President Trump has freed so many children held in bondage to pimps all over this world. Hundreds each month. He has broken up trafficking rings in high places everywhere. notice that. I disagree on some things, but give him benefit of doubt-4 now.
— Roseanne Barr (@therealroseanne) March 31, 2018

(“Tommy Robinson” being the nom de guerre of Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon, the head of the EDL, an alt-right group in the UK.)

17 Likes

Comic relief on the Alex Jones show.

7 Likes

So, being totally unfunny is not enough. You have to be a totally unfunny racist. I’ll keep that in mind.

4 Likes

Those with a certain appearance and with power equate others’ appearances with a lack of power, so a lack of power must have something to do with others’ appearances. Lack of power (a negative) becomes equated with appearances.

3 Likes

It might be a bad idea if you’re a terrible person trying to operate in a civil society, but giving those people a platform on which to out themselves seems like a net positive for the rest of us…

7 Likes

Woe to whoever in ABC first brought up the notion of resurrecting Roseanne. (Bucks will be passed on that one.)

4 Likes

Exactly why I did not interrupt Neil Gaiman when he was obviously killing time. I hear he’s a nice guy, but why take the chance?

5 Likes

giphy%20(4)

18 Likes

Ah Roseanne… remember when she was funny? Well, sorta funny anyway. The good ol days, so long gone.

3 Likes

Interesting. My understanding was “that was a nice thing, therefore, white thing, you just did for me”. A much darker view.

2 Likes

So how long will it take Fox to pick it up? Last Man Standing and Rosanne back to back for your right wing pleasure.

4 Likes

This is an ancient way to view the world. For a very long time, the greek and roman people viewed physical beauty as being equivalent to the truth and being correct. In many ways, that has never died. We still give weight to actors political thoughts and a podium to the attractive most of whom are just pretty faces with empty heads…

7 Likes

I liked the idea of a sympathetic working class comedy. Though honestly, for the past year or two I haven’t been interested in watching basically any sit-com type shows and IDK why really so I’d probably have skipped it to watch something from the backlog of media that’s been made in the interim. Seeing a modern re-spin of that kind of show could be cool… perhaps in an era when people aren’t fucking delirious. Or maybe just with non-delirious cast members and writers. Of which there seem to be fewer than normal right now…

5 Likes

Oh jeez.

https://twitter.com/RealAlexJones/status/1001534407994470402

16 Likes

Quick everyone, show your Surprised face!

FFS…

13 Likes

Code Red! Repeat! Code Red! Enact contingency Alpha! Repeat! Contingency ALPHA!

8 Likes
6 Likes

First female preznit?

1 Like

If nothing else positive, Trump has at least let the closet racists come out if the woodwork.

1 Like