ABC cancels 'Roseanne' because Roseanne Barr is a racist

'Tis true - but it is nice to see them stick their heads up so we can lop them off, one after another. Good for ABC and good for the public for recognizing the poison in her statements.

2 Likes

Is that really his name? Well, I never.

1 Like

Not sure that counts as a positive. I think I liked it better when they were afraid.

18 Likes

Twitter is not a bad idea.

Verbal diarrhea ON twitter is a terrible idea.

1 Like

ABC knew walking in. But they wanted the money and thought she’d stay on the leash.

ABC didn’t make “the right decision.” That would have been not greenlighting a show centred on a rabid racist in the first place.

27 Likes

He changed it to sound less Irish and more English.

Of course, if he wasn’t a fascist then nobody would care what his name used to be, except for the fascists.

4 Likes

Do I see the new spokeswoman for Papa John’s perhaps?

5 Likes

I think they were hoping she would not be blatantly racist out of a desire to keep the gravy train flowing. And it almost worked for an entire season though she slipped up here and there, and so they made a lot of money on it. Then they pulled the cord when they couldn’t ignore it any more. ABC won big here for hiring someone they knew was racist.

4 Likes

I agree. As they say in Quebec.
“I’d rather have them come at me from the side, than sneak up from the back”.

(Note: this is a quote regarding why Quebecers think it is a good idea to Jaywalk, but I think the quote is still applicable here.)

3 Likes

Hey there handsome!

9 Likes

Like. Because Stargate. Magnets. Carry on.

4 Likes

If you’re wondering “which right-wing nutcase will be the first to not only defend Roseanne, but double and triple down on her racism?” and put $50 on Ted Nugent, well, winner winner chicken dinner

22 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

8 Likes

Jello Biafra has a great story about hanging out at William Shatners house, with Rush Limbaugh.

5 Likes

Yes, but I think the video essay about Mel Brooks’ brand of humor is also gone. I was in the middle when got eaten. Not sure who posted, but I’d like to see it reposted or at least a link…I hope it wasn’t coming from the apologist.

2 Likes

I love Captain Kirk…but Shatner…not so much. I just went to PPAC with my big sis to watch Wrath of Khan and hear Shatner speak. He was clearly wearing chest high waders to trudge through all the bullshit he was shoveling on stage. It was entertaining, I will give it that; but if he is like that person to person…it has got to be grating.

I suspect Roseanne has a similar thing wherein “Roseanne” the character on the show might be affable and enjoyable once you get to know her…while the real Roseanne we just got introduced to is someone you don’t want to know.

4 Likes

I believe this video might be it?

11 Likes

Wait a second… did he get hacked or something?

16 Likes