Accordion gangs terrorise Lesotho

Originally published at: Accordion gangs terrorise Lesotho | Boing Boing

2 Likes

I had neighbors that played the organ and accordion [wife & husband team], I moved post haste.

13 Likes

Who’da thunk toxic masculinity exists all cultures? :man_shrugging:

16 Likes

definition of perfect pitch:
when an accordion is tossed into a dumpster and it strikes a banjo.

27 Likes

(furiously scribbling in my notebook of story ideas) Accordion… gang… warfare…

16 Likes

The closest I’ve had to that was upstairs neighbors who listened to accordion music until around 3am every night. They didn’t last there very long.

7 Likes

try this alternative http://www.thosedarnaccordions.com/

3 Likes

Mine had “recitals” they invited all the neighbors, no one ever went, I wonder why…

5 Likes

The perfect title is taken though.

17 Likes

Can recommend.
@DonatellaNobody jinx!

12 Likes

I wanted to post a comic that addresses this idea, but when I went looking for the one I remembered, I found there were way too many accordion comic strips out there.

5 Likes

It’s a horrifying story, but the headline sounds like something out of ‘The Day Today’.

5 Likes

Reminiscent of the Glasgow ice cream wars
Glasgow Ice Cream Wars - Wikipedia

But, seriously, what a shame. Hard to imagine such a mix of wonderful music and idiots.

6 Likes

There’s plenty of it in Lesotho…on the other hand, in Lesotho it’s not at all uncommon to see male cops in uniform on the beat holding hands affectionately with other cops. Thugs too - male hand-holding is really normalized there.

5 Likes

F’real, Famo music is one thing I miss a lot about Lesotho. I wrote a novel, “Trashed/Forsaken” about the rest, especially the music - DJing there and playing guitar in a bar band were fantastic fun. One important detail about Famo is that all the bass guitarists seem to have learned from New Order and Joy Division records; they only play the top strings and frets, and very melodically.

11 Likes

(furiously rubbing out the entry in my notebook of story ideas while cursing)

14 Likes

I was listening to this programme this morning.

5 Likes

16 Likes

how you gonna play Starving Armenian Polka on a harp, i asks ya?

8 Likes

My accordion rule is “use an accordion, go to jail.”

Also see, in the anti-drug PSA voice, “this is your brain on an accordion.”

3 Likes