Acting Attorney General orders DoJ lawyers not to defend the #muslimban UPDATE: she's fired

This is mildly interesting

It appears that the Trump White House actually did work with several Republicans on Capitol Hill — but they were House Judiciary Committee staffers, not members of Congress. They couldn’t tell their bosses because the Trump team had them sign nondisclosure agreements.

11 Likes

Perhaps hypocrisy would be a better choice of words.

2 Likes

Sadly, you’re not alone in this line of thinking.

Here’s what John Dean said about this a few weeks ago.

9 Likes
9 Likes

This is as good a place as any to post this, I suppose:

“ {I haven’t been banned…} Yet! We’re on day 11, man. That’s it!
Where do you think this is going to go?” He compared it to watching the first episode of Breaking Bad and thinking, “Oh, this is just a science teacher cooking meth, it can’t get any crazier. But it does!

9 Likes

She was kind of asking for it…

10 Likes

This is something i can imagine actually annoying Republican congress-critters. These are the staffers THEY own. I do hope something that Trump and Bannon do does finally piss them off.

5 Likes

It’s already happening; and it’s only been 12 days so far.

5 Likes

What the actual fuck??? NDA’s from a separate branch of government, in direct opposition to the staffers’ normal chain of command??? That has to be (not that it matters in this administration) squarely against a whole fleet of rules upon which their hiring was predicated.

Of course, with this bunch, it wasn’t naivete… it was very likely another loyalty test. The administration now knows who they have in their pocket on the Hill, and why get the figureheads to do the dirty work when you can count on the staffers (who actually do the heavy lifting, and who have access to everything their bosses know)?

As with everything that’s gone down in the last couple weeks, this stinks to high heaven.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.